The actress

There is always a lesson to learn when you watch “The Rifleman.” There is no better teacher for Mark than his father, Lucas McCain. Lucas teaches Mark from “The Bible” and from experience. Sometimes the lessons are hard ones and at times rather easy ones. They are still lessons learned! Let’s discuss the lessons learned in each episode. “Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.” “Just remember the lessons!”
Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: The actress

Post by Deneen » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:40 pm

wildwest wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:43 pm
And Lucas is dead???? No way....when did that happen???
Chuck :angel5: is no longer with us but Lucas will never die as long as we can watch him on The Rifleman. :tv_happy: :yeah:

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:12 am

Was Lucas "remembering back" through rose-colored glasses when he stated Margaret never saw him lose his temper? He would not be the first person you idealize a deceased loved one.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:40 am

What were some of the things lucas did out of loneliness?

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:20 pm

What happened with the driver of the horses?

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:46 am

Wildwest, regarding a saloon girl not being lucas's cup of tea:I certainly don't think Margaret worked as a saloon girl, but with Sam as a father and Johnny as a brother, how sheltered could Margaret have been? It sounds as if Lucas knew Julia in Bismarck around the time Mark was concieved. Could Julia and Margaret have been friends?

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:47 am

Mark: but pa, Mrs. Black isn't ugly-she's real pretty.

Lucas: Mark, how many times do I have to tell you not to contradict me and interrupt me?

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:51 am

Did you notice none of the men in the saloon lifted a finger or even spoke up when Lucas bodily picked up Beth and carried her out of the saloon? Beth did not kick and scream or even say "unhand me, sir! How dare you!" Probably the men in the saloon were worried thieir wives would find out where they were?

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:55 am

Lucas could sometimes be a very intimidating man. Those men in the hotel saloon looked more like business men than just cowboys sitting around in a regular saloon drinking.
Dana wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:51 am
Probably the men in the saloon were worried thieir wives would find out where they were?
Yeah - that too. :lol:
Dana wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:51 am
Did you notice none of the men in the saloon lifted a finger or even spoke up when Lucas bodily picked up Beth and carried her out of the saloon? Beth did not kick and scream or even say "unhand me, sir! How dare you!"
Beth liked what she saw when Lucas walked into the saloon. Beth had a smile on her face when Lucas carried her out. :)

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:25 pm

Beth is not only smiling, but waving good-bye. The actress has a great romantic comedy scene!

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:18 am

Lucas asked Beth if she has any relatives and she said no, but the way she said it made me wonder if she had been disowned for pursuing a life on the stage.

Return to ““Just Remember the Lessons!” - 2015 to present”