The actress

There is always a lesson to learn when you watch “The Rifleman.” There is no better teacher for Mark than his father, Lucas McCain. Lucas teaches Mark from “The Bible” and from experience. Sometimes the lessons are hard ones and at times rather easy ones. They are still lessons learned! Let’s discuss the lessons learned in each episode. “Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.” “Just remember the lessons!”
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: The actress

Post by wildwest » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Report this post Quote
Post by Dana » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:40 pm

What were some of the things Lucas did out of loneliness?

Take plenty of cold showers in the shower beside the house. Shoot the do-dads off the Madera sign. Whittle some wood. Chop some wood. Go fishing with Mark. Eat pie in the hotel with Mark. Hang out with Micah. Read his Bible.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Do you think Beth had a husband somewhere else she had not bothered to divorce? Beth could have been worried about him showing up. Maybe that was why she did not put up a fight about the land.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Beth didn't seem to be the country girl - farm wife type.

Maybe she sold Jacob's land and moved to Dodge City to work for Miss Kitty. :laughing:

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Dana wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:40 am
What were some of the things lucas did out of loneliness?
wildwest wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:36 pm
Take plenty of cold showers in the shower beside the house. Read his Bible.
Yes ~ Many-many-many cold showers in the "shower bath". :rofl:
And lotsa reading of his Bible. :)

When Lucas kissed Milly - he was not wearing his wedding ring. Lucas kissed Milly to give her something to think about. Even if Milly thought she wanted to be with Harry Chase - Lucas showed her that he was a better man with that kiss. (Oh Myyy!!)

If Milly thought she had a future with Lucas - she would never have allowed Harry to interfere with their relationship.

Ummm - Just my point of view.

~Deneen~

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Deleted scene

Mark: what did Mrs. Black mean when she said you were too good to be true?

Lucas: I guess she means I have my faults.

Mark: duh! noooo kidding! I could have told you that!

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:09 pm

Deneen....love your idea of Beth moving to Dodge and working for Miss Kitty

Dana...love your response to the line...."too good to be true" Mark knew Lucas best

and they shoulda showed Lucas in the shower just once....even from the chest up.......sigh
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:00 pm

wildwest wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:09 pm
and they shoulda showed Lucas in the shower just once....even from the chest up.......sigh
Chuck liked being shirtless - so I'm sure he wouldn't have had a problem doing a shower scene. :shower: :giggle:

I wouldn't have appreciated it so much when I was a kid watching The Rifleman. I was in Luv with Mark.
But now ~~~~~ Oh My Goodness!! :yeah:

~Deneen~

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:54 pm

:gunfightercowboy: You know, I think Lucas (and also Chuck) were hopeless romantics. why I say that is.....I saw The Actress again. loved it again. the end when Mark asks Lucas to explain love to him. Lucas explains it so sweetly and in depth and to know that Chuck wrote the script, wrote those words, those were Chucks innermost feelings. and how sweet was Lucas in The Visitor also written by Chuck!!

that role with Mrs. Black was totally Chuck in the script. many things Lucas did was the writers but.....Lucas wore his ring, he looked for a ranch like the one he left in Enid, he kept Margaret alive for him and Mark. and Lucas could have had anyone, before and after Margaret, but I think that the one great love was enough for Lucas. thats why Lucas could not commit to Ann Dodd. Lucas loved Margaret and his 'love tank' was full to the brim

the producers and writers were in tune with Lucas character. I think that the producers all being family men that went over to Lucas character with Mark.

I think Chuck was a hopeless romantic with his three wives. he said in an interview that his marriage failures was his fault and that the women were great. kudos to him for not slamming them and taking the blame.
Yep....Chuck was a hopeless romantic......just like....wild wild Lucas!

:hunting: :happycowboy:

Return to ““Just Remember the Lessons!” - 2015 to present”