#93 - The Long Trek

There is always a lesson to learn when you watch “The Rifleman.” There is no better teacher for Mark than his father, Lucas McCain. Lucas teaches Mark from “The Bible” and from experience. Sometimes the lessons are hard ones and at times rather easy ones. They are still lessons learned! Let’s discuss the lessons learned in each episode. “Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.” “Just remember the lessons!”
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

#93 - The Long Trek

Post by wildwest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:31 pm

saw this yesterday. this is the episode where Stanley eats dirt while they are in the desert. I never understand WHY when cowboys are in the desert heat they don't roll their sleeves up and take off their vests. I wanted Micah to take his vest off SO much. and Micah even had an undershirt under his shirt....3 layers of clothes....please..... this happens all the time in Western TV and movies.

and Lucas has his sleeves rolled up most of the time....but NO not in the desert.

when the show was over I was just going to change the channel when Wagon Train came on BUT I realized it was the episode Chuck was in.....The Charles Avery Story (1957) he had a small part and he dies in it but I still watched it again. handsome in calvary gear.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: #93 - The Long Trek

Post by Deneen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:10 pm

Long sleeves and long pants are a must to protect against spines, thorns, splinters and insects. More importantly, they protect against solar radiation that causes sunburn and increases body temperature, and trap more cool air next to the skin. Sweat that is trapped may decrease water loss via evaporation.
"Ordeal" ~ Did you notice that Mark didn't sweat very much when he was in the desert. His shirt even had a lining.

Even if it was hot/warm in North Fork - Mark usually had on a long sleeve shirt unless he was working shirt-less with Lucas. :thinking:

"Squeeze Play" ~ Mark was shirt-less - I think I saw some abs on Mark. :)

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:40 am

Also, it can get really cold in the desert at night.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:03 pm

Good points gals, I didn't think about it like thatI
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Return to ““Just Remember the Lessons!” - 2015 to present”