prison guard job ad

There is always a lesson to learn when you watch “The Rifleman.” There is no better teacher for Mark than his father, Lucas McCain. Lucas teaches Mark from “The Bible” and from experience. Sometimes the lessons are hard ones and at times rather easy ones. They are still lessons learned! Let’s discuss the lessons learned in each episode. “Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.” “Just remember the lessons!”
Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

prison guard job ad

Post by Dana » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:07 am

We the viewers learn the number one qualification to be a prison guarding the show: incomptence plus a bonus for drinking on the job! In seven, the prison guards leave the prison wagon on the street. The prisoners wreak havoc on the town. In the stand-in, the guards don't have enough supplies and the prisoner escapes.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: prison guard job ad

Post by wildwest » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:10 pm

also for the local jail.....And don't forget in the ad to post.....be able to overcome the Sheriff standing by your cell door. Micah was grabbed so many times and hit on the head by prisoners he should have been in PTSD therapy.

and in The Mind Reader Micah does not check the food basket allowing Billy (Michael Landon) to escape on Razor. where did Billy ride off to.....the Ponderosa and when did he bring Razor back. seriously Micah you KNOW to check the food for weapons. didn't they teach you that in Sherriffin' School?
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:20 pm

For sheriff : also gullibility-trusting a prisoner's say-so if the prisoner promises to behave self if let out.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:40 pm

Yes Micah always fell for that one. If I let ya out....do you promise to be good or leave town??? duh
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:25 pm

wildwest wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:10 pm
also for the local jail.....And don't forget in the ad to post.....be able to overcome the Sheriff standing by your cell door. Micah was grabbed so many times and hit on the head by prisoners he should have been in PTSD therapy.
That's Funny! :rofl:
wildwest wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:10 pm
and in The Mind Reader Micah does not check the food basket allowing Billy (Michael Landon) to escape on Razor. where did Billy ride off to.....the Ponderosa and when did he bring Razor back. seriously Micah you KNOW to check the food for weapons. didn't they teach you that in Sherriffin' School?
Funny! :lol: Poor Micah :sillycowboy:

Reminds me of that telephone interview with Paul. (Never Loses His Dignity)

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:01 am

Micah was pretty gullible for a law enforcement officer, but he was a great mediator.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Dana, I like that.....Micah was a great mediator.....with a huge shotgun and a tall sodbuster.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:39 pm

Thank you, wildwest, Lucas seemed to see the world in black and white cut and dried terms, but Micah was more able to see the gray areas.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:30 am

Neither Nora nor renalds were handcuffed at the end of their respective episodes.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 pm

When Lucas orders Micah to unlock Cory hazlitt's jail cell, two thoughts occurred to me. He probably would not have made it very far, but Cory hazlitt could have made a run for it. The hot-tempered Lucas could have really roughed Cory hazlitt up quite a bit. Either way, Micah could have had some serious explaining to do.

Return to ““Just Remember the Lessons!” - 2015 to present”