#46 - Eddie's Daughter

There is always a lesson to learn when you watch “The Rifleman.” There is no better teacher for Mark than his father, Lucas McCain. Lucas teaches Mark from “The Bible” and from experience. Sometimes the lessons are hard ones and at times rather easy ones. They are still lessons learned! Let’s discuss the lessons learned in each episode. “Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.” “Just remember the lessons!”
Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Re: #46 - Eddie's Daughter

Post by Dana » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:30 am

Lucas had a lot of female "just friends". He did not intimidate women, and none of them hesitated to tell him off. Out of necessity, the single women seemed to havea job outside the home. Before Lucas met Adele Adams , my opinion is he never gave women voting a thought. I think his consciousness was raised.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:33 am

I wonder if Lucas would feel alright leaving Mark with Miss Kitty ( like he did with Hattie and Milly) to watch him as Lucas went off fighting bad dudes?? Was Miss Kitty the cookie baking kind of woman??
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:30 am

wildwest wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:33 am
I wonder if Lucas would feel alright leaving Mark with Miss Kitty ( like he did with Hattie and Milly) to watch him as Lucas went off fighting bad dudes??
Probably not. You know how Lucas felt about Mark being in a saloon.
Didn't Miss Kitty live upstairs in the saloon?
Lucas would probably rather leave Mark with Festus. :lol:

wildwest wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:33 am
Was Miss Kitty the cookie baking kind of woman??
I'm sure Miss Kitty would have enjoyed baking cookies or maybe even an apple pie for Mark. :)

In one episode - Miss Kitty cooked dinner for Matt Dillon. After dinner - Matt fell asleep. They may as well have been married. :lol:

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:36 am

I don't know if lil baked cookies, but she knew how to pop popcorn. Did Eddie ever babysit Mark? I don't think so. I am pretty sure he wouldn't have let Mark stay there if lil was there. I know for a fact he never would have let Elizabeth black babysit!

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:53 pm

Some observations about this episode......why didn't mannerly Lucas or Eddie help Lil off the stage??

also I think this is the only episode that the camera angle was behind the fire in the fireplace (what a good shot) and we can see more of the area left of the hutch, a wall and a window . (I doubt the wall is there during shooting) most camera shots were from that direction
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:47 am

wildwest wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:53 pm
Some observations about this episode......why didn't mannerly Lucas or Eddie help Lil off the stage??

also I think this is the only episode that the camera angle was behind the fire in the fireplace (what a good shot) and we can see more of the area left of the hutch, a wall and a window . (I doubt the wall is there during shooting) most camera shots were from that direction
Wildwest, you should put the stagecoach part in the Lucas sooooo rude section!

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:26 pm

good point Dana

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Of course, we all know how tall Lucas is. I read that in real life (and on the show, of course), lil was only 5'1". Lil looks like a doll next to Lucas.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:50 pm

At the beginning of the episode, when lil gets off the stage, Lucas gawks and looks down his nose at her saloon girl outfit. When lil is more "properly" dressed at the end of the episode, Lucas looks at her appreciatively, definitely checking lil out.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:25 pm

I guess Lucas was reminded that you can't judge a book by it's cover.

If Lucas saw good in a person - he was more than willing to give them a second chance. Micah - Will Fulton - Simon Battle and Julia/Big Anna ~ the list goes on.

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Return to ““Just Remember the Lessons!” - 2015 to present”