#134 - The Tinhorn

There is always a lesson to learn when you watch “The Rifleman.” There is no better teacher for Mark than his father, Lucas McCain. Lucas teaches Mark from “The Bible” and from experience. Sometimes the lessons are hard ones and at times rather easy ones. They are still lessons learned! Let’s discuss the lessons learned in each episode. “Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.” “Just remember the lessons!”
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: #134 - The Tinhorn

Post by wildwest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:11 pm

You know, I think Lucas (and also Chuck) were hopeless romantics. why I say that is.....I saw The Actress again yesterday. loved it again. the end when Mark asks Lucas to explain love to him. Lucas explains it so sweetly and in depth and to know that Chuck wrote the script, wrote those words, those were Chucks innermost feelings. that role with Mrs. Black was totally Chuck in the script. many things Lucas did was the writers but.....Lucas wore his ring, he looked for a ranch like the one he left in Enid, he kept Margaret alive for him and Mark. and Lucas could have had anyone, before and after Margaret, but I think that the one great love was enough for Lucas

the producers and writers were in tune with Lucas character. I think that the producers all being family men that went over to Lucas character with Mark. even when Johnnys parents decided not to take the part, they came back to them explaining they were all family men with children and that Johnnys well being would be paramount with them. that says a lot for Hollywood producers. and Johnny grew up and matured as an actor and person those five years probably to be the man he is today being surrounded by those kind of people in his young life. also a great home life.

I think Chuck was a hopeless romantic with his three wives. he said in an interview that his marriage failures was his fault and that the women were great. kudos to him for not slamming them and taking the blame.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:15 pm

So very well said and explained - WildWest. :goodpost:

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:37 am

Maybe not henpecked, but I do believe Margaret had Lucas wrapped around her little finger-much like Mark does. I have a fantasy episode where Margaret is played by Debbie Reynolds or judy garland and she bosses Lucas around all the time.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:10 am

:yes: Yes Dana - I can agree that Margaret had Lucas wrapped around her finger. :)

Ain't Love Grand?! :love:

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:29 am

Was fats working undercover, too?

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:05 am

According to Tom clavin, author of dodge city, gambling was actually illegal in the new Mexico territory.

Return to ““Just Remember the Lessons!” - 2015 to present”