#133 -The Debt

There is always a lesson to learn when you watch “The Rifleman.” There is no better teacher for Mark than his father, Lucas McCain. Lucas teaches Mark from “The Bible” and from experience. Sometimes the lessons are hard ones and at times rather easy ones. They are still lessons learned! Let’s discuss the lessons learned in each episode. “Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.” “Just remember the lessons!”
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

#133 -The Debt

Post by cowgirl » Sat May 06, 2017 6:36 pm

cowgirl:21890 wrote:“Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.”   “Just remember the lessons!”  ~Short Rope for a Tall Man episode #103
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: #133 -The Debt

Post by cowgirl » Sun May 07, 2017 8:36 am

wildwest:55784 wrote:just saw this again today.  one thing that bothered me in the script was.....

When Mark was being held at the house with the old man and Renolds told Mark to fill the canteens.......there were two horses there

why didn't Mark jump on one and get away. Reynolds was in the house.   He could have even taken the second horse with him

But then we would not have the Ghost Town scene I guess.....just saying

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Sun May 07, 2017 8:37 am

Random rambler:55847 wrote:Do you think the powers that be reprimanded Micah for losing the key?

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Random rambler:56081 wrote:Mark learned that the next time he lets a prisoner who has saved his life in the past escape, he needs to pretend to be sound asleep!

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

wildwest:56105 wrote:Random......good idea about Mark pretending to be asleep

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Sun May 07, 2017 8:38 am

wildwest:56487 wrote:Saw this episode this morning again

I have some questions.  At the campfire before Mr Renolds escaped I saw Micah roll a cigarette. he did not smoke it.  I don't think I have ever seen Micah smoke other than the exploding cigar.  Has anyone seen Micah smoke in an episode?  (I'm asking cause I really don't know)

I know they can use fake cigarettes if you are a non smoker but I imagine if you were a smoker like Chuck you probably smoked the real thing.

Also at the Ghost Town fire, why didn't Mr Renolds just carry Mark out tied up.  He stopped to untie his feet  then he carried him.  Mark could have walked out on his own at that point.   that was just odd

and Mark filling up both canteens with kerosene       what did he think he and his horse were going to drink for all that distance??    but then again we needed the kerosene for the fire

Mark left without his hat.   Goodbye to the hat with the hole in it???   Really Pa    I need a new hat,  this is embarrassing

at what episode does it show Mark with a new hat  (I really don't know)

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Sun May 07, 2017 8:38 am

Deneen:56496 wrote:Hi WildWest - I guess we were on the same page this morning - watching Lucas.  :smile:
At the campfire before Mr Renolds escaped I saw Micah roll a cigarette. he did not smoke it.
I noticed that too. But Micah sure looked like he knew what he was doing.
Would a non-smoker know how to roll a cigarette? :?:
and Mark filling up both canteens with kerosene       what did he think he and his horse were going to drink for all that distance??    but then again we needed the kerosene for the fire
Renolds asked Mark if he thought filling the canteens with kerosene would slow them down. Mark probably thought this would give Lucas and Micah more time to catch up with them.
Mark left without his hat.   Goodbye to the hat with the hole in it???  
I noticed that also.  :lol:

The next episode was "TinHorn". I didn't pay enough attention to see if Mark had a new hat. But I did notice that Lucas had on a really nice shirt when he was getting ready to go gambling. Could that be the fancy shirt he bought from Milly? Oh My - Soo handsome in his fancy shirt and tie!  :smile:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Sun May 07, 2017 8:39 am

Random rambler:56498 wrote:Maybe that was another reason Millie was upset-he wore the fancy shirt to gamble,  but not when paying court to her.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Sun May 07, 2017 8:39 am

wildwest:56500 wrote:Hi Deneen     I was still in bed this morning but I had to get my daily dose of "Lucas"    So many of us are true fans   to be watching at 6:00 am on a Saturday!    ha     and such good questions you have

I don't know if Paul Fix was a non smoker or not and I am waiting to see if others know of any other episodes he smokes in.  An actor would prob know how to roll a cig I would think.  he even spits on the paper.  I wonder if the amount of times Lucas's  smoking was really Chuck and he occasionally needed a smoke to get thru the day.  sad he died of lung cancer

some Ranchhands have said they thought Marks hat actually got burned in the fire....however it is seen in later episodes or it is another hat with a hole.

saw Two Ounces of Tin again also.  the scene at the end when Tip says who will pick up the badge and Mark says  "Ill pick it up" some have said they saw Mark wearing a holster for a brief moment.  then when he steps in the street  the holster is gone.  I have not caught that if it is correct

Read up on Sammy Davis a little.  he actually did the gun tricks and did gun handling tricks in performances.  they said he was one of the best.  also read he wore his own clothes for Rifleman, his own cowboy duds.  He and Chuck became good friends

Rifleman also comes on here at  5:00 pm for two episodes on Saturday

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Sun May 07, 2017 8:40 am

Random rambler:56503 wrote:Did tip Corey's visit to his pa's grave when he explained to his pa why he became a gunfighter, remind anyone else of Mark trying to put the best spin on his shenanigans with Lucas?      

Did anyone else find it ironic that a Marshall ignored tip corey' s plea for help, but Micah has gone to a different town to help a young man he believes to be innocent?

Return to ““Just Remember the Lessons!” - 2015 to present”