Tinhorn

Chit Chat on bloopers and things worth mentioning!
Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Tinhorn

Post by Deneen » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:45 pm

I've been watching "GunSmoke" for a few years now.
Before I knew Matt & Kitty would never kiss - I was really into their relationship.

After watching and reading the interviews James & Amanda did about their relationship on "GunSmoke" - I kinda lost interest for a while. What I saw on the episodes and what the writers wanted me to believe was insulting to what little intelligence I had. :roll:

Everybody including kids knew Kitty was Matt's woman. Kitty even said on more than a few occasions that Matt was her man even though Matt never confirmed or denied it.

Fans continued to watch week after week hoping to see some romance between Matt & Kitty - including my Mom. :laughing: Brilliant writing on the part of the writers. - indeed.

I'm over it now because the show is still soo good almost 65 years later. :laughing:
Some of the Matt & Kitty videos on YouTube are Awesome! :icon_biggrin:

~Deneen~
* Johnny Crawford *
You Are In My Prayers :angel5:

Howard
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Howard » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:13 am

wildwest wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:24 pm
and look at the Cartwright boys. every time they fell in love the gal was doomed to the family cemetery.
Hardly a real reason to watch the rest of the show,
when one got involved with a woman!
:rolleyescowboy:

Dan

Q: What did the farmer say when he couldn't find his tractor?
A: Anyone seen my tractor?

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:36 pm

wow this is all great information from everyone. I just love chatting TV with ya all!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Me Too! :laughing:

~Deneen~
* Johnny Crawford *
You Are In My Prayers :angel5:

flabirder
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Post by flabirder » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:07 pm

This is from a web site that gives an excellent synopsis of all the Bonanza episodes along with some great trivia about each episode. This is referencing when Guy Williams was on the show as Ben's nephew, Will & Adam was falling in love with Laura Dayton.

Laura's attraction now to Will, was reversed by the writers, since many in Bonanza's audience would not settle for Adam to be married and Guy Williams wanted out of the negative upsets that were going on.

Pernell Roberts wanted to leave the show & Guy Williams was brought in to replace him.

Guy Williams Trivia: Unfortunately the charismatic Guy Williams met with cast resentment calling his stay "a negative session" and extreme jealousy from Michael Landon, whose insecurity was always a problem at one time or another in his long career. Blocker and Greene were not happy with the arrival of Williams and swung with the very smart and jealous Michael, and by the time Williams was ready to exit the series, Landon made sure he had permanently, as the same crisis occurred the year before with Barry Coe, who was to have joined the cast as Joe's half-brother Clay Stafford, and Landon's jealousy won.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:55 pm

wow I guess actors are just like real life professional office situations. catty and back biting
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Return to “Barnyard Blunders - 2015 to present”