The Photographer

Chit Chat on bloopers and things worth mentioning!
flabirder
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

The Photographer

Post by flabirder »

If Doc Burrage took the bullet out of Colonel Whiteside, why couldn't he tell the difference between a bullet from a rifle & one from a pistol? In fact, he never even testified at Abel's trial. Also, if Abel had just fired his gun, Micah should have been able to smell gunpowder when he took it from Abel.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: The Photographer

Post by wildwest »

GOOD observation
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana »

Sure Doc Burrage lived in North Fork, and occasionally removed buckshot from Fred's butt, but was he an expert in ballistics? Lucas did not start to learn ballistics until the tail end (no pun intended) of the series. We know for a fact Doc Burrage certainly was not an expert on doctor-patient confidentiality!

flabirder
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by flabirder »

Dana wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:18 am
Sure Doc Burrage lived in North Fork, and occasionally removed buckshot from Fred's butt, but was he an expert in ballistics? Lucas did not start to learn ballistics until the tail end (no pun intended) of the series. We know for a fact Doc Burrage certainly was not an expert on doctor-patient confidentiality!
That is true, but a rifle bullet is larger than a bullet from a .45 caliber pistol. In the episode where Lucas learns about ballistics, they're talking about the markings made on the bullet by the gun, not the size of the bullet. When I was in Boot Camp, our weapons instructor had us firing both rifles and .45 caliber pistols as well as shotguns so I learned about the size difference then.

Return to “Barnyard Blunders - 2015 to present”