Love Comes Softly

2014 and prior postings from the TV Western forum.
ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Love Comes Softly

Post by ruskin » Tue May 09, 2017 8:36 pm

Michelle P.:21371 wrote:I am currently wiping my eyes after watching this movie.  

I grew up reading the Janette Oke books.  They were GREAT!!!  And the The Hallmark Channel came out with a set of movies based on these books.  I don't remember which movie I watched, but it wasn't this one, and only for a short time because I was very disappointed in that it was NOTHING like the book....

I got the DVD as a gift a couple years ago and never watched the movie...until this morning.  Ohmygosh, it was GREAT!!!  To watch Marty's husband, whom she loved very much, die and then the incredible grief that followed as she married a stranger and moved into his house...

Oh, this movie was SOOOOOOOOOOO wonderful!  I'm currently reading the book, so I enjoyed watching this very much.  Though the girl is different from what I remember (seems in the book, she was only 3 or so...), I think they did an EXCELLENT job!!!  It was absolutely wonderful!!!!

You all should watch this movie.  It's a Michael Landon Jr. Produced and directed movie...
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Re: Love Comes Softly

Post by ruskin » Tue May 09, 2017 8:37 pm

cowgirl:21394 wrote:I love these Hallmark continuing stories! I have watched all of these again & again!  

Love Comes Softly is my favorite!  TV_happy
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Re: Love Comes Softly

Post by ruskin » Tue May 09, 2017 8:37 pm

Michelle P.:21398 wrote:I found Love's Enduring Promise on You Tube and watched it last night.  It was great too.  But I SO do love the first one...there's something magical about it!  

I didn't realize it, but the name in the name of her baby is different from in the book.  I checked last night.  And in the book, Missy WAS only about 3...

Oh, I was disappointed with how they did the second movie.  They only had one baby together???  Geeze...seems in the books they had 5 or 6 babies together...I'll have to read and find out!
Judy (Ruskin)

Return to “TV Westerns Archives”