Resurrection of Broncho Billy

Mark McCain was as important to the show as the Rifleman himself. Let's talk about his sweet nature and sensitivity. Always learning from Lucas, sometimes the hard way, fear of losing his only parent, times he got into trouble, their respect for each other, and how he was portrayed as a motherless kid but had the insight and determination of a disciplined adult.
Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Resurrection of Broncho Billy

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Rhiannon:23269 wrote:Oh wow, you DID? Can't wait!

Thank you for coming up with so many subjects, you're much better at that than I am : )
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 3:55 pm

bobby88:57814 wrote:I just watched this earlier today and it was excellent. In my opinion, it seemed like a commentary on how society tends to look down on people who are different, and Johnny played the part of Billy beautifully.

That mugging scene was hard to watch, but you know what I found even more unsettling? When Billy tells the cashier at the concession stand that he just got into "one hell of a fight" and has obvious bruising on his face to prove it, the cashier just deadpans "That'll be 26¢." as if he didn't say anything at all! Not "Are you okay?" or "Do you need me to call for help?", just gave him his total. That's cold and sadly, probably not terribly uncommon.
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Markisddg
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Markisddg » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:03 pm

I also enjoyed Bronco Billy and it was the best thing Johnny did after Rifleman. I’m going to go watch that again.

Return to “Mark's Room 2015 to present”