What mark should have said instead

Mark McCain was as important to the show as the Rifleman himself. Let's talk about his sweet nature and sensitivity. Always learning from Lucas, sometimes the hard way, fear of losing his only parent, times he got into trouble, their respect for each other, and how he was portrayed as a motherless kid but had the insight and determination of a disciplined adult.
Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: What mark should have said instead

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 5:27 am

markisddg:55822 wrote:
Random rambler:55430 wrote:
markisddg:55231 wrote:All very funny and so true!

In Incident at Line Shack Six when Mark is alone with Lou in the ranch Lucas walks in and Mark and Lou look guilty as they are hiding Johnny Wing in the barn.

The look on Lucas's face makes one believe he wonders what they are up to and maybe Lou was teaching Mark a few things about love making to make Lucas jealous. However it was a family show.
                                          agreed.   Lucas's expression seems to day " Lou,  you know he is *my boy* and you do know *my boy* is only 14."  I don't really have a problem with Lucas and Lou.   She seems besotted, but he seems to think of her as a friend with occasional benefits. Lou and Mark are a little more than a decade apart, and I do find her trying to be a mother figure to him disconcerting.  As Lucas said of Rebecca snipe, Lou  makes Mark a better sister than mother. The looks Mark gives her sometimes aren't always brotherly.  Like Lucas's ideal , Lou does have crimson hair and can ride a,horse.
But did we ever see Lou on a horse...Oh yeah just the one time at the beginning of Requiem she's riding a horse.
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 5:38 am

Random rambler:55836 wrote:Can Lou sew and scrub?

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 5:42 am

Random rambler:56122 wrote:Stopover                                                                                               Lucas: Mark  , you'll be sharing the room with miss Miller,  tonight.                                                                                                  Mark: Yahoo! You're the best pa ever!  Thanks, daddy!           I can't wait until the fellas at school heard about this!

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 5:51 am

Random rambler:56403 wrote:Miss Agnes Hamilton:   when we are better acquainted, you may call me miss Agnes.                                                             Mark: nope. Not happening , lady.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 5:54 am

Random rambler:56640 wrote:Lucas: take Vickie to dinner over to at the hotel.  Here's some money for you.                                                                                       Mark: pa , don't you think we need some more just in case the surgery takes a long time, and Vickie and I get tired and need a room?                                                                                 Lucas gives him the look- but with a bit of amusement.             Lucas: are you worried about your daughter, battle?                   Simon: not really.                                                                                         Lucas: you should be.  My boy is a stud!

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 5:59 am

Deneen:56646 wrote:Random Rambler - Luv your scenarios - hilarious!  :lol:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 6:03 am

Random rambler:56652 wrote:Thank you. I can be a bit snarky sometimes.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 6:05 am

Random rambler:56730 wrote:Lucas:what makes you so anxious to leave your own home and go over to the bullocks house every night?                              Mark: duh, pa!I'm a teenager.  Besides, it's so boring here with you lecturing me and getting on my case all the time.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:16 am

Re sheer terror

Mark: pa, what was that you were saying about me staying with millie so you don't have to worry about me?

Return to “Mark's Room 2015 to present”