Who Stole His Horse

Mark McCain was as important to the show as the Rifleman himself. Let's talk about his sweet nature and sensitivity. Always learning from Lucas, sometimes the hard way, fear of losing his only parent, times he got into trouble, their respect for each other, and how he was portrayed as a motherless kid but had the insight and determination of a disciplined adult.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Who Stole His Horse

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 9:49 am

markisddg:42521 wrote:Name at least four times when someone steals Mark's horse whether he owned the horse or not. In one episode he never gets it back.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Who Stole His Horse

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 6:13 am

Rhody:42524 wrote:I'm pretty sure it was in First Wages, Mark took the short cut through the pass when he wasn't supposed to and the bad guy took the horse he was to deliver for Nils.  He was supposed to bring back another one but never showed up.
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 6:18 am

markisddg:42538 wrote:Correct. That guy played by Ed Nelson took Mark's horse. He got it back later. Once again Lucas had the eagle eye and noticed the brand.

Now in one episode a guy actually rides out of town with Mark's own horse. In two more episodes the bad guys take his and Lucas's horses but they get them back eventually.

There are probably lots of episodes where someone steals Lucas's horse like in Outlaw's Shoes and I believe in High Country they take their horses too but didn't really steal also in Short Rope For a Tall Man Crown thinks he's taking his horses back. Wonder if Lucas got to keep the stolen horses.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 6:30 am

Gloria Fortner:42789 wrote:In The Score is Even both Lucas' and Mark's horse were stolen.  In Death Never Rides Alone, the guy stole Mark's horse from the livery.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 6:35 am

ruskin:42794 wrote:In Waste 1 and 2, bandits take Marks, Lucas' and Micah's horses.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 6:37 am

markisddg:42812 wrote:Those ones you mentioned are the exact ones I was thinking of Gloria...Score is Even and Billy Graves rode off with Mark's horse in Death Never Rides Alone and then

ruskin mentioned Waste when they stole their horses..

Hey how about Vaqueros.....they took the horses and Mark and were planning to keep them. I guess there are many episodes.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 6:39 am

NewFANatic:57445 wrote:
markisddg:42812 wrote: Billy Graves rode off with Mark's horse in Death Never Rides Alone.
But the horse he steals is not Blueboy, it is the mare Lucas tells him to ride to town to get re-shod. I wonder if it was Mark's saddle or just a spare they had in the barn?

Return to “Mark's Room 2015 to present”