The Vision

Mark McCain was as important to the show as the Rifleman himself. Let's talk about his sweet nature and sensitivity. Always learning from Lucas, sometimes the hard way, fear of losing his only parent, times he got into trouble, their respect for each other, and how he was portrayed as a motherless kid but had the insight and determination of a disciplined adult.
Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: The Vision

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 12:13 pm

markisddg:22925 wrote:I didn't undertand that either maybe they realized it wasn't working, but also I really can't figure out why they changed the decoration on the wall in Mark's room. That was really strange. But we already discussed that.
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Rhiannon:23029 wrote:I know. That was pretty interesting. I can see changing wall stuff maybe every 6 months or so, but who would be doing that while Mark is practically dyng from Typhoid?

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 12:17 pm

markisddg:23054 wrote:Unless it was a way to show some people's artwork and figured no one would notice. Hey no one knew we would be analyzing this show and its every nook and cranny. I wanted Johnny to win an Emmy like Granny Clampett and Barney Fife.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Rhiannon:23070 wrote:Johnny definitely should have won the Emmy, that wasn't right he didn't. His acting was perfection! Good point about the art work.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 12:20 pm

markisddg:23315 wrote:Hey Rhiannon you know how you want to know exactly what Mark's mother says about the brook when she looks up the rope. On IMDB message boards someone else needed to know. Here's here question:

"Also, what does Mark's mother call the cool stream following in the 'garden' she is walking through? I replayed the scene several times and I still cannot make the name out."

I guess no one was able to answer her however. So as it stands now I believe she says "It's name is Leapy."

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 12:22 pm

Rhiannon:23325 wrote:LOL, ok, I give. I don't understand it but you can have this one. But wait..what if she says "it's time to leave me"  That sounds like the Leapy thing, (which I just don't get), doesn't it? Hey we should ask Cowgirl about this!! Did wwe do that yet?

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 12:24 pm

markisddg:23334 wrote:Yeah....now she could be saying that too...It's time to leave me..I guess we'll never know.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Rhiannon:23417 wrote:Yeah you're right, we won't. I don't think there's any way to ever know. Hey, I know, you keep it your way, and I'll keep it mine. Yours makes sense to you and mine does to me. So I think we set : )

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Random rambler:54045 wrote:Regarding books, i think the vision was referring to literature, not just actual books. Makes it really ironic that Mark was falesly accused and then unnfairly punished about a yeat later for destroying a book.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 12:29 pm

NewFANatic:57437 wrote:Imho, Mark's dream has him down in the glade, looking up at a rope, to tie-in to his rantings about the box canyon.

About the "books too" line, Mark IS going on and on about Lucas and his rifle. Then she says how Mark is growing to be so like him. Maybe she is trying to remind Mark that his father sits and reads every night before bed and doesn't just concentrate on his shooting, and he should not try to glorify Lucas' prowess with the rifle so much. You know, strive to be well-rounded too like his Pa, and poor Mark in his delirium misunderstands her meaning and comes up with the goofy answer about text books!

I turned on the subtitles on my dvd, and it says she is saying "Its name is Leafy" about the brook (which looks more like a pond to me!).

I would also like to know why Henniken: doesn't carry a doctor bag with any equipment just a dusty old umbrella,  he leaves before Mark actually wakes up, and doesn't monitor Mark for complications that can occur in the 3rd week of Typhoid Fever?

Return to “Mark's Room 2015 to present”