Thoughts on Mark

Mark McCain was as important to the show as the Rifleman himself. Let's talk about his sweet nature and sensitivity. Always learning from Lucas, sometimes the hard way, fear of losing his only parent, times he got into trouble, their respect for each other, and how he was portrayed as a motherless kid but had the insight and determination of a disciplined adult.
Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Re: Thoughts on Mark

Post by Dana » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:03 am

Lucas is able to help nils with a lot of blacksmith stuff (sorry, that is the end of my expertise in this area). He did a good job of cutting mark's hair, so he may have worked as a barber. He built his ranch , so he knew about carpentry. I am sure he read to mark, too.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:05 am

Dana wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:03 am
He did a good job of cutting mark's hair, so he may have worked as a barber.
Did you notice that Mark had a Cow-Lick in some of the episodes? :cool2: :icon_smile:

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Lucas made good beef stew (seems like thats all he cooked) so he could have been a cook on a wagon train like the guy in Coward or Cookie (Sammy Davis), Could have done carpentry jobs as he was always mending fences. Been a preacher (he knew his Bible pretty well). Full time Marshal.....gosh he was always backing Micah up.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:35 pm

Yes - Lucas was a "Jack Of All Trades" and master of many. :grinning-cowboy:

"Hostages to Fortune" ~ Maybe they didn't have geometry.at the school Lucas attended when he was a boy. :neutralcowboy:

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:01 am

Lucas probably had to leave school before finishing if his parent's place had been more or less swindled from them and if he went to fight in the union army.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:30 am

In the visitor, just as things are about to get steamy between Lucas and ann, mark interrupts and calls for lucas. Mark unwittingly gets between pa and his romantic rival.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:31 pm

The great paradox of Mark McCain is that he is completely guileless, yet quite conniving.

Return to “Mark's Room 2015 to present”