Having trouble signing in?

How to get around and do things at the new ranch!
ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Having trouble signing in?

Post by ruskin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Usually we don't have any troubles getting in to the forum to have a boo around. Many of us prefer to stay logged in all the time for convenience each visit. But sometimes circumstances change and suddenly we can't get logged in anymore.

Not saying that this is the ultimate cure, but the most common "fix" is to clear out your browsers cache (junk) files on your device. Now if you are uncomfortable or don't know how to do it there is a wonderful little program out there called "Ccleaner" (Crap Cleaner) which quickly and safely clears out all that junk. I have been using the free program for many years now and highly recommend it (I have no affiliation with them) for making a tough job simple.

There are a couple things you should be aware of though when downloading the program as with most things you download. Just be sure to read through the information so that it ensures you get the right download. They have both free and paid software. I always use the free version.

I've gone ahead to the download page directly here: https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
On this page click the link that says "Download latest version" at the right. The other is for the paid version.
On the following page, you can pretty much ignore everything on it and just wait for your download box to appear on your screen. Choose either to download or "run" depending on which browser you use. If you download, you will need to go a step further and locate your download on your computer then you will need to install it.

There is an App for this program available as well on Google Play (I'm not sure for iPhone but would assume there would be something). Just take note of the company's log on the website then you will know you have the correct app download.

Anyway long story short, either just manually clearing out your browsers junk files, or using the program to do it all in a couple clicks, it should do the trick. Browsers tend to get stuffed up now and then when you accumulate too much stuff from the Internet so cleaning it out usually gets you back on track. You will have to re-sign in at your usual places again, however on the Ccleaner program there is a spot in there in the "Options" then "Cookies" where you can set it up to not delete the cookies of your choice for example the riflemanconnorsforum.com website. "Cookies" are how the browser remembers your login information, so if there is a problem with it you might need to delete that cookie and then have it remember again when you log in the next time.

I hope this helps alleviate this issue; if it doesn't work then do please contact Cowgirl via email and let us know about it and we will look into other ways to solved the problem.
Judy (Ruskin)

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Having trouble signing in?

Post by wildwest » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:59 pm

I was having a problem a couple of weeks ago but I am fine now. Thank you for the info and all the tech support you do to keep the barn doors open and the cows in the corral
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33 am

Thanks ruskin, I don't know what we would do without you!

I was having trouble signing in about six months ago but like wildwest, I'm fine now, thank goodness!
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Thanks Judy - I'll keep that information in mind if I ever have trouble signing in.

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Return to “How To's”