What's on your DVR?

2014 and prior posts. This section has been amalgamated with archives from The Ol' West Video Place with sub -forum for YouTube & the stars.
ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

What's on your DVR?

Post by ruskin » Mon May 08, 2017 10:12 pm

Stargazer:21045 wrote:What western movies have you currently got in your DVR that you just can't bring yourself to erase?  

Some of my favorites and I just can't seem to bring myself to erase them.  Guess I need to see if I can buy the DVDs:

El Dorado
Fort Apache
Rio Grande
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
Stagecoach
The Big Country
The Searchers

and LOTS AND LOTS of RM episodes!  

Oh, I also have...Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Philadelphia Story, and The Quiet Man.
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Re: What's on your DVR?

Post by ruskin » Mon May 08, 2017 10:12 pm

Michelle P.:21050 wrote:I have Andy Griffith, Gunsmoke, Patty Duke Show, Bat Masterson, and uh...some Phinas and Ferb show...(YUCK!)

I also have parts of Lifetime Movies I was watching and never got back to finishing.  I'm BAD at DVRing!  I need to get better.  Never actually watch TV at home unless Dakota forces me to  :wink:
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Mon May 08, 2017 10:13 pm

HeatherF:33979 wrote:Episodes of Rifleman that Aren't on DVD yet  awesome_balloon  smiley_inlove

A bunch of Gunsmoke eps I recorded off of Encore since we had it for a little bit in June because our provider does a promotional thing for Starz semi-annually. Maybe I'll catch Tom Dooly with Michael Landon soon?  :razz:

5 episodes of...

Wagon Train
Cheyenne (Johnny's favorite after Rifleman  :smile:)
Maverick

(deleted The Virginian because I just Couldn't grasp it- I like my McCains!  :grin: )

Some Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire movies...
countless westerns near the bottum of the list..Gene Autry...didnt get to them yet...

Kept Passion of the Christ since I DVR'd it in April
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Mon May 08, 2017 10:14 pm

rooster davis:34076 wrote:I have:
3 episodes of Car 54 Where Are You not yet watched
"Hell Bent for Leather" - Audie Murphy Western not yet watched, will burn to DVD
"Stagecoach to Dancers' Rock" - Western I will burn to DVD if it's any good
4 or 5 episodes of "Keeping Up Appearances"
About 8 bull riding event programs not yet burned to DVD
"The Fugitive", episode 9
"A Big Hand for the Little Lady", sort-of Western, not sure if I'll save it.
Half an episode of the 1970's Bob Newhart show where he accompanies his wife to a high-IQ club meeting
"Parenthood", Steve Martin movie that looked like it might be good.

Usually if something is really good I burn it to DVD, I don't leave it on the DVR to save it. All it would take is for the hard drive in the DVR to go bad and all would be lost.
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Mon May 08, 2017 10:15 pm

winterhawk:34079 wrote:I have several Rifleman shows (30+) that I've not made time to watch yet.
Some how to do auto repair shows. (I'm rebuilding a classic car from the ground up and these shows have been very helpful AND time/money savers)
Cheyenne shows, had all of them at one time, but was running out of room, so deleted the least favorites, HARD DECISIONS.
Judy (Ruskin)

Return to “The Movie Theatre Archives”