Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom

Anyone that has a video to share can post it here. This is where you can show off your talent. We here at the ranch enjoy these great videos, keep 'em coming!
ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Michelle P.:9605 wrote:This show started well before I was born, but I remember it coming on for an hour (I think) on Saturday afternoons.  My grandpa would watch the clock, then pick up his cane and walk over to the television to watch this show.  I would watch him with anticipation and sit down right beside him, his arm around me as we sat and watched it together.  He died when I was 11 years old after a long battle with brain cancer.  We were really close before he got sick.  This is only one of the many memories.

How many of you remember watching this? I enjoyed watching it, but I'm thinking it was more because I enjoyed being with my grandpa more :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnMd7tD7HhE

This is an very interesting one about the Chincoteaque Pony Roundup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qadOPc67tJ4

Watching this makes me miss my grandpa so much!!!!!!

Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Re: Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 10:38 pm

McCain ranch hand:9762 wrote:My family loved that show. I used to watch it as a kid. I remember the famous Marlin Perkins quotes like "mean while, while Jim's down stream" and "just as a mother bear protects her cubs, Mutual of Omaha protects you" the show was so well done and you always learned something and came away with a good feeling after watching it. Gosh I miss tv from those days! Thanks for bringing up a nice memory Michelle!
Judy (Ruskin)

Return to “The Ol' West Video Place Archives”