My Pa's Hands

Anyone that has a video to share can post it here. This is where you can show off your talent. We here at the ranch enjoy these great videos, keep 'em coming!
ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Re: My Pa's Hands

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 11:45 pm

chrisb6263:16229 wrote:Just watched this again, Michelle - I think it's settled now....Lucas McCain is 'pa' to ALL OF US!!  No two ways about it.  My father wasn't very nurturing to us either, and was mildly abusive at times, too, but I could tell in his own way he did love us.  By the time he left my mom in 1974, I was already 23 and married but had three adolescent siblings who were left fatherless (16, 14, 10).  They were probably better off with him gone, but a household without two parents just isn't quite the 'home' it would be with both there - unless there is mistreatment and/or abuse involved.  We were all scarred to an extent by my dad's mistreatment/abuse, and it had a ripple effect well into my first marriage and the birth of my two children.  Actually, it continues to this day.  I went through a bitter divorce from my first wife, and eventually both my children walked away from me when they became adults.  I haven't seen either of them in 15 years, and I also have grandchildren I have never seen.  My kids chose their stepdad over me, and I became no more than the biodad (what my son called me at his wedding reception, which I was not invited to).  In fact, my kids disowned my entire side of the family 15 years ago.  A crying shame, really, because once a day is gone, it's gone - life has no instant replay....anyway, Rhiannon and Michelle, Lucas McCain can be the father figure we all look up to, right? :smile:
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 11:45 pm

ilovemarkmccain:16260 wrote:Chris,

I agree Lucas can be a father figure that we all can look up too.  My father was not around until I was 18 and then I got to build a relationship with him for ten years.  He died when I was 28.  

Michelle,

Thank you for the video.  it was great as usual.  thank you for taking the time and emotion that you do in each and every video and story that you do.  it means alot
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 11:46 pm

chrisb6263:16268 wrote:Well, ILMM, at least you had him for 10 years - did he die relatively young?
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 11:46 pm

ilovemarkmccain:16276 wrote:Chris,

Yes, he did when he was 54.  I know I am blessed to have him for that long but sometimes I wished I had known him for a little bit longer than that.  But I know that we don't get everything that we wish for.  I am sorry for your loss but you know that you have a big family here and they are here for you.
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 11:47 pm

chrisb6263:16348 wrote:I know you guys are there - and I appreciate it.
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Rhiannon:16386 wrote:I've been looking for this post for a few days to answer it (lost again). Very touching stories, my heart goes out to you both. I think I put it SOMEWHERE Michelle, on some forum, that I discovered that actually I got MOTHERING from the relationship between Mark and Lucas, which at the time I wasn't aware that I needed or was getting when Lucas took care of Mark. But I really did need it. Lucas is a little edgy for me at most times, except when he was taking care of Mark. Seemed a little unpredictable, probably because I was projecting my own father on him, not sure. Very sorry to hear about your kids, Chris.
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

chrisb6263:16453 wrote:Thank you, Rhi - thanks to all of you - it means more than I can say....
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 11:48 pm

Rhiannon:16481 wrote:Welcome., Chris. I feel safe to share here even though I don't really know anyone. Everyone's really nice
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 11:48 pm

chrisb6263:16545 wrote:Thanks again, hon.... :oops:
Judy (Ruskin)

Return to “The Ol' West Video Place Archives”