Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over With Love

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over With Love

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 5:45 pm

cowgirl:6193 wrote:I'm sure most of you know who Ed Ames is.  He was Lee Coyle in Quiet Night, Deadly Night.  I remember when I was a kid, Ed Ames & his brothers had a singing group.  They were called The Ames Brothers.  Ed went on to sing solo and had recorded several songs.  One of my favorites is 'My Cup Runneth Over With Love.'  What a beautiful song!  

http://www.youtube.com/v/u752L2hJg-c&hl=en&fs=1&
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Re: Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over With Love

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 5:46 pm

Michelle P.:6194 wrote:I don't remember the words, but the music sounds REALLY familuar!  Thanks for sharing!
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 5:47 pm

PJH:6201 wrote:Cowgirl, I remember that song too---really beautiful with a great message.  The song was played on the radio all the time and was probably a top 10 hit.  I long for the days when you could listen to the radio and hear the popular songs and  actually understand the words and sing along.  Guess I'm just old fashioned and showing my age!
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Dianna:6214 wrote:Beautiful. I remember this song, too. PJ if that makes you old fashion then I'm old fashion, too. I agree with you about the songs on the radio.
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

chrisb6263:6222 wrote:Boy, do I agree with all of you on this one!!  I want in on the "Old Fashion Club", too....the year was 1967, I was 16 and had recently gotten my first record player.  My Cup Runneth Over was a HUGE hit for Ed Ames that summer, and he followed that with Who Will Answer, a topical song about society heading for ruin if we refused to change our perverse ways.  Not as big a seller as 'My Cup', but it did crack the Billboard top 20 in January, 1968.  Of course (and this was discussed on another thread recently), Ed played Mingo on Daniel Boone and EVERYONE alive and old enough to remember watching TV back then remembers his Tonight Show with Johnny Carson appearance in 1965 where he hit the wooden Indian target in a rather sensitive place!  I think I remember losing it when, after Ed's errant shot, Johnny scraped the ax blades together and said to Ed, "I didn't know you were Jewish!"  Anyway, Margie, thanks for recalling this tune - one of the most beautiful, heartfelt love songs EVER!!
                                                             smiley_goodpost  smiley_yeah  smiley_npeace  :q17:
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 5:49 pm

cowgirl:6289 wrote:It's funny you mentioned this snippet from the Johnny Carson show, I had watch this just the other day.

---video no longer available---
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 5:50 pm

Renewed Fan:6341 wrote:Who can forget Ed Ames on the Tonight Show??? You know, of course, that was live tv - - there was no way to edit out a blooper or a mis-thrown tomahawk!

Renewed Fan
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Thu May 11, 2017 5:53 pm

chrisb6263:6358 wrote:Yeah, RF, but thank goodness for videotape being invented by then!! :lol:
Judy (Ruskin)

Return to “YouTube & the stars Archives”