Buddy Holly

Mark’s Friday Night Hoedown Do you have favorite oldie (or new) music? Are there some radio shows you enjoy listening to? What radio programs have you found on the Internet? Do you have memories of old music and radio? Enter this room for all your music and radio discussions.
Sub-forums:
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Re: Buddy Holly

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Rhiannon:27158 wrote:Thanks Buckaroo. You must be pretty cold up where you live, too. Does the sun ever shine there? We have it a lot easier than everyone from the Rockies East, though. I know I couldn't handle that weather. Just living in Flagstaff and digging out for a winter was enough of that life for me. Give me the freezing desert with no snow any time! I really feel for people who are getting all those storms!!
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 1:29 pm

buckaroo:27199 wrote:Howdy Rhiannon,
It's true we seldom see the sun, often it is just a rumor or a reflection. I understand certain groups of people only ever experienced clouds and rain here. Most people that have been born here prefer to stay inside on what others consider a nice day because we don't know how to prepare for or deal with pleasant weather. smiley_rollonfloor  Yes, I'm joking, sort of. Compared to most other places it is mild here, but when it gets cold, it's a damp cold that goes right through you. We are lucky to not have the storms that have been giving every one else trouble. The question is will we ever have summer in the northwest this year?
smiley_whistling

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rhiannon:27291 wrote:Wow, I couldn't live in a place like that. The sun is almost ALWAYS out in Arizona and I love the sun. I'd be so depressed if I lived somewhere that rained all the time or was overcast, or that had boring mild weather all the time like some places along the coast in Ca. (where I have lived, there's NO weather except for an occasional storm). Of course I would never want to live in Tornado Alley or back East with horrible snowy winters either. I think  No. Az. is the most perfect place on Earth (for me :)

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

buckaroo:27360 wrote:Howdy Rhiannon,
You're right, this region is actually known for depression among many of the people who live here. I'm not depressed but lots of folks are and the rain and cold and dark clouds don't help. I love sunny days too, and warm weather is good. But it can be crazy here. They say if you don't like the weather here just wait 5 minuets and it'll be different :lol:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Rhiannon:27435 wrote:Interesting about your weather Buckaroo.. It's still cold at night here. Last night was about 17 degrees and the well pump part froze AGAIN so we have to wait until it thaws out to get more than a trickle of water. It's colder than it has been in years here (like other places in the country). We got down to 6 degrees Geez. It's about 36 outside with a "real feel" of 24 right now, it sure does feel that cold out. Just some Cottonwood trivia from one of the weather stations online LOL. It doesn't usually get below 20 here at night all winter.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 1:30 pm

buckaroo:27454 wrote:Hi Rhiannon,
Sorry to hear about your well pump. That sure would make it tough! 17 degrees at night is too cold, I can't believe some of the temperatures I've seen around the country. Seems to me there has been below freezing temperatures in areas where people would normally have no use for winter clothing. You have to be of hearty stock to manage in 6 degrees, I think I would probably turn different shades of purple in those conditions. And I think the best that can be said about 6 degrees is that the pollen count should be low. smiley_rollonfloor
It has been suggested that our lousy weather in this area is one of the reasons there has been so many good musicians from our region. I guess we would rather stay inside and play or listen to music than be soaked on a regular basis. smiley_bath
Hopeing it warms up soon...

Buckaroo

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 1:31 pm

Rhiannon:27473 wrote:Hi Buckaroo,
It's warming up everywhere, and I'm really happy for the people from the Rockies east. It's still pretty cold at night here (20's), but that's better than the teens and below that and the well was ok. I swear I don't know how people back East and in Okla. and other places like that survived these storms!! I heard on The Weather Channel that Okla. someplace was colder than the North Pole, can you imagine ?? I know I could never deal with that. I'd end up crazy with cabin fever and everything.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 1:31 pm

buckaroo:27493 wrote:Howdy Rhiannon,
I'm glad it's warming up. It has some here too. But really windy and now it's pouring buckets. After a few rain free sunny, but cold, days, this is a change. The hard thing is to know if you like it better cold and sunny or warm and rainy. Decisions, decisions.... smiley_sofa

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Rhiannon:27509 wrote:Right..that would be a tough decision.

Hey I keep forgetting to ask..which episode is the quote about the pepper from? I forget. It's not one I watch much, obviously..
Cute couch picture :)

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 1:32 pm

buckaroo:27543 wrote:Hi Rhiannon, and Happy Valentines Day!
I can't wait for at least Spring so it will be warm and also not so wet. And I will be more inclined to enjoy potato salad on a regular basis :grin: (Soup is the normal thing right now).
The quote, if I remember right, is from Mail Order Groom, and it just made me laugh so hard. I heard one yesterday in the Obituary episode. At the very end, Mark is telling Lucas that he doesn't know so much about appreciating a beautiful girl, but there was a horse in a pasture he saw that was something! Sometimes Mark says things that make me laugh days after I hear them!!  smiley_rollonfloor

Return to “"Mark's Friday Night Hoedown"”