Johnny Crawford Records

Mark’s Friday Night Hoedown Do you have favorite oldie (or new) music? Are there some radio shows you enjoy listening to? What radio programs have you found on the Internet? Do you have memories of old music and radio? Enter this room for all your music and radio discussions.
Sub-forums:
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Re: Johnny Crawford Records

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 2:02 pm

buckaroo:25207 wrote:Oh my gosh, Cowgirl, I think I better sit down. er... wait... I am sitting down.
I didn't think you were getting rid of them and I hope very much that I did not offend you by suggesting to buy them. But what a surprise!!! I would most dearly love to have them, Cowgirl. And I promise to take good care of them, too.
Many thanks! You are amazing!
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 2:02 pm

buckaroo:25208 wrote:Hiya Heather!
I can hardly believe the Judy Loves Me video really exists! It's one of my all time favorite songs. At a time when the Beatles were just starting to make their mark, Johnny has this great song that is as good as anything on the charts at the time. Stunning, when you think about it. I'm surprised it didn't rank higher in the charts. If I had been a top-40 DJ at the time, I'd have definitely put it on high rotation. Thank you for sharing. I haven't priced comic books lately, but I doubt you can even find them in thrift stores for 10 cents

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 2:03 pm

buckaroo:25239 wrote:Hi Rhiannon,
Many apologies! I had every intention of replying to you yesterday and then I ran out of time, oops.
I've never heard Angelica, although I've seen the title and photos of the record. I have the feeling that it was from the later 1960's.
Oh, I really like Mr. Blue no matter who sings it. Little White Cloud is a little too much of a tearjerker for me. Reminds me a little of Honey by Bobby Goldsboro and that one is just too much for me to handle-way too sad.
Daydreams is great, very catchy I feel. Treasure and Lucky Star are favorites of mine. Even with a title like Your Nose is Gonna Grow a title so quirky how can you go wrong with that?
I have to admit, I do like the melody and tempo of I'm Walkin.
Love your posts, too! You have incredible taste in music!

Michael/Buckaroo

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Rhiannon:25316 wrote:Glad you know Treasure and Lucky Star, Buckeroo. They're SO good I love them. Yes, Angelica was from the older 60's. It's a real downer.. I just remember parts of it."..when I held her near me, she couldn't hear me" and something about a cold wind blowing or something, and "too many Springs had passed for Angelica ". Something like that. It came out about the time my sister died so this is what I heard in it abut Angelica. I'm pretty sure Angelica died in it. Like I said, though, I was pretty crazy then. Anyway, tt was a pretty obscure song as I recall. Good melody though, I liked that okay. I can't remember what was on the back of that '45. It was never on an album either, so there's no way to hear it ever I don't think.
I think "I'm Walkin was done by Fats Domino; that must have been 50's I'm guessing, but I don't remember it.

Do you like Your Love is Growing Cold? I love that one. I love the way Johnny sings Your Nose Is Gonna Grow even though I hate the title : ) I love the way he says certain words like "lie". I get all into how he talks, like in Lucky Star "I need you love shining bright, to win her love for me tonight". So the words light, bright, tonight, the way he pronounces them Guess you can tell I was and am pretty obsessed with him LOL..I could go on and on..
Thanks for your posts, too!! I forgot which room we were talking in, LOL, I was one off, I was looking in Mark's Guitar one, so didn't see your answer when I was here yesterday. I still get lost in all these rooms : )

Anyway, love your posts, too! Thanks!

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 2:04 pm

buckaroo:25337 wrote:You are so right Rhiannon,
Johnny does have a great voice for both talking and singing, and he has his own particular way of saying things that is very cool.
HeHe I remember doing a report in school on any tv character i could be and i picked Mark Mccain lol.
I checked on Angelica and found out it was issued in 1968. It sounds like a bummer. I love Your Love is Growing Cold-Johnny nailed that one.
You know what? I got my home painted in the fall and from moving things around my Lps are out of order and I cant find my Johnny Lps but you can bet I will

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 2:05 pm

Rhiannon:25342 wrote:Oh no, hope you find Johnny's records soon. If that was me, I'd tear everything apart until I found them, I'd be so freaked out I couldn't find them. LOL.
Yeah, '68 would be about right for Angelica. Wow, you checked it out! I was thinking more on the melody yesterday.. and I finally remembered how the words to that part went - that line (the only one I can remember) - here it is, just to correct what I said before. " But then the cold winds came, and when I spoke her name, and held her near me, she couldn't hear me". That's a drag, huh? That song really bummed me out, but Johnny was singing it, so I was compelled to listen to it sometimes. That is, before I destroyed it (I broke all his records, isn't that crazy?)

I was reorganizing my house last night so HAD to listen to JC while I was doing it, and of course had to play certain songs tons of times. I really like "That's All I Want From You" a lot too. I like his earlier songs more than that later ones, before his voice changed and I liked the songs better . I had this little transistor radio that I took to school and was SO excited when Cindy's Birthday or Rumors or Your Nose Is Gonna Grow (who came up with that horrible title I can't imagine) came on! I spent practically my whole teenage life grounded by my father and I completely escaped his wrath by being so obsessed with Johnny, all I did was listen to his records, write Rifleman stories and daydream abut him.

Love talking about his records with you, Buckaroo. That's really cool you did a report about wanting to be Mark. What year was that? That is so neat!

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 2:05 pm

buckaroo:25402 wrote:Hi Rhiannon,
Guess what? I found the lps yesterday in the early afternoon. Have not had the time to listen yet but I will tonight. Whew what a relief.
But seriously, Rhiannon, I have learned very well that when a person finds themselves in difficult positions that "crazy" becomes a term only that person can define. How you coped with a tremendously difficult situation AND got through it is a miracle. Whatever happened is what happened. I certainly can't say that I would have handled it better than you did. All I know is I am very grateful to visit with you and I would be more than happy to share anything in my Johnny collection with you.

Michael/Buckaroo

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 2:06 pm

markisddg:25450 wrote:Wow you guys certainly know about Johnny Crawford music. I bet he would love to know this. I only bought his CD's recently (got them for Christmas) cuz Rhiannon said they were so good and I do like them a lot. Some of them are definitely better than others. I guess I was too young to buy his records being born in 55 so I was more into Beatles but now I'm into Johnny.

The only song I didn't care for is Young at Heart and I even like Please Mr. Sun it's so cute how he asks Miss Raindrop and Mr. Rainbow to protect his love. His songs were so innocent and so melodic. Does anyone know if he ever sings some of his old tunes?

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm

buckaroo:25460 wrote:I wonder if the fact that you, Rhiannon and I like Young at Heart the least is a coincidence. I'm going to make a point of getting the Cds this year too. I got to thinking over the Holiday that I wish Johnny had made a holiday album when he was with Del-Fi. I don't know when "Up on The Housetop" was written but I can almost imagine Johnny singing it. He probably would have done a good job with "The Christmas Song", too. And imagine him doing "Blue Christmas", that would have worked too. If I ever build my time machine lol, I'm going to suggest it to him smiley_lots

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm

buckaroo:25473 wrote:Hey everybody,
I only have a moment but I wanted to share this with you. I've been listening to my J.C. records and one song in particular really floors me. "The Girl Next Door"! If you have access to that song and Linda Ronstadt's "Different Drum" try playing them back to back. I think those 2 compliment each other very well. More soon....
Buckaroo :lol:

Return to “"Mark's Friday Night Hoedown"”