Hollywood Legend John Gavin dies at the age of 86

This is the North Fork Church and our place to pray. If you have someone who needs a prayer or if you need need a prayer, no matter what the prayer, here is where to pray. Do not discuss religion in general, please have respect for other people & their beliefs.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Hollywood Legend John Gavin dies at the age of 86

Post by cowgirl » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:09 pm

John Gavin, the movie star who graced the big screen in “Psycho,” “Imitation of Life" and “Thoroughly Modern Millie” has died at age 86.

TMZ claimed Gavin succumbed to complications from pneumonia after battling leukemia. He was reportedly first hospitalized just days before Christmas before he later passed away surrounded by his family in his Beverly Hills home.

The tall, strikingly handsome entertainer had led a decades-long career in Hollywood. He won a Golden Globe for 1958’s “A Time to Love and a Time to Die,” appeared alongside blonde bombshell Lana Turner in 1959’s “Imitation of Life” and starred as Julius Caesar in 1960’s “Spartacus” with Kirk Douglas, among others.

He famously played Janet Leigh's divorced lover Sam Loomis in the 1960 Alfred Hitchcock thriller “Psycho.”

The Hollywood Reporter claimed Gavin was signed on to play James Bond in 1971’s “Diamonds Are Forever” before Sean Connery reclaimed the role of the suave superspy.

President Ronald Reagan appointed Gavin as Mexico's ambassador in 1981, a country he already had ties with. His father had invested in the country's mines, and ancestors of his Mexican-born mother had been among California's first Spanish settlers. Gavin had often visited Mexico in his youth and was fluent in Spanish and Portuguese.

I just love this guy! My favorite appearance of his is Back Street with Susan Hayward. What a tear jerker!

May you rest in Peace!
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Hollywood Legend John Gavin dies at the age of 86

Post by Deneen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:50 pm

My Mom took me to the movies to see “Imitation of Life".

I still like to watch it when it comes on TV - Excellent movie.

R~I~P :angel5: John

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:56 am

Deneen wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:50 pm
My Mom took me to the movies to see “Imitation of Life".

I still like to watch it when it comes on TV - Excellent movie.

R~I~P :angel5: John

~Deneen~
I love this movie also. They use to air it often, but haven't seen this in a long time.

I felt so sorry for Annie Johnson, Sarah Jane's Mother. How cruel she was to her.

Susan Kohner (Sarah Jane) often played sad trouble girls / women.

John Gavin's character was so sweet as in Back Street. I bet he was just as nice in real life.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Oh my.....this makes 5 wonderful performers in one week. They all left us so much of their work to enjoy!! Thanks for the memories!!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Return to “North Fork Church”