Actress Nanette Fabray passed away Thursday at the age of 97

This is the North Fork Church and our place to pray. If you have someone who needs a prayer or if you need need a prayer, no matter what the prayer, here is where to pray. Do not discuss religion in general, please have respect for other people & their beliefs.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Actress Nanette Fabray passed away Thursday at the age of 97

Post by cowgirl » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:46 am

USA Today..... Nanette Fabray, a Tony- and Emmy-winning actress perhaps best known for her role in Norman Lear’s original rendition of One Day at a Time, has died. She was 97.

"She was an extraordinary woman. Many people referred to her as a force of nature and you could feel it when she walked into the room," her son said Friday. "She just exuded warmth, wit, charm, love, and she touched so many people in so many ways. I hope all of us can look back on our lives and be able to say that at the end of our lives."

Fabray was just 3 when she launched her career as Vaudeville singer-dancer Baby Nanette.

She went on to star on Broadway in such musicals as Bloomer Girl, High Button Shoes and Mr. President, playing first lady to Robert Ryan's commander-in-chief.

Love Life, a 1948 show with songs by Alan Jay Lerner and Kurt Weill, won her a Tony in 1949 as best actress in a musical. Mr. President brought her a second nomination

After another musical, Make a Wish, MGM brought her to Hollywood to co-star with Fred Astaire, Cyd Charisse and Jack Buchanan in the 1953 film The Band Wagon.

To continue this article.....

Nanette Fabray
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Actress Nanette Fabray passed away Thursday at the age of 97

Post by wildwest » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:41 pm

I did not know she struggled with hearing loss all of her life. Her husband had a writing credit for the film Cleopatra. She was Aunt to Shelley Fabares who was married to Mike Farrell (Mash)

Thank you for the memories!!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:55 pm

:angel5:

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:45 pm

I believe ms. Fabray was the first celebrity to speak publicly of having a physical disability or challenge. I remember the Mary Tyler Moore episode where she played Mary Richards' mother Dottie. By the by, she was married to our favorite bartender Sweeney (bill Quinn). She told her husband not to forget to take the pill. Mary Richards replied "okay". It was a revolutionary, but subtle , historic television moment.

Thank you, ms. Fabray! My condolences to her family.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:08 pm

Thanks for the info on that episode. I will have to look for that one again! As we all know as well, Bill Quinn was Bob Newharts father in law in real life.
Hollywood is just one big family tree.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Return to “North Fork Church”