Wouldn't Chuck be proud?

Everybody knows Chuck Connors for his role as Lucas McCain in "The Rifleman." He also did so many other things. He was good at no matter what he did! Besides The Rifleman what else have you enjoyed seeing Chuck in?
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Wouldn't Chuck be proud?

Post by cowgirl » Mon May 15, 2017 2:04 pm

cowgirl:55012 wrote:Wouldn't Chuck be proud?

World Series 2016: Chicago Cubs Beat Cleveland Indians!

As most of you know Chuck played for the Cubs in 1951. He loved the sport!

He joined the Chicago Cubs in 1951, playing in 66 games as a first baseman and occasional pinch hitter. He retired from baseball following the 1952 season and devoted his life to acting. The rest is history and Chuck Connors became synonymous with Lucas McCain, “The Rifleman.” Connors loved acting but never lost his love for baseball.

Before his death he was quoted to have said he would rather have been Gil Hodges than Lucas McCain.

Taken from Wikipedia & Think Blue LA.

Congratulations Cubs!

First Baseman Chuck Connors #40 of the Chicago Cubs poses for a portrait prior to a game in 1951 against the Brooklyn Dodgers at Ebbets Field in Brooklyn, New York.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wouldn't Chuck be proud?

Post by cowgirl » Mon May 15, 2017 2:04 pm

wildwest:55013 wrote:Cowgirl, really love your piece and so well written.  I imagine he would be very proud.  I like the Pat Sajak interview with Chuck in 1989...3 years before he died where he tells of his antics following a 'home run'

Said he sauntered to first, slid into 2nd, did a cartwheel at 3rd and slid into home head first.  All the while the crowd went nuts.  Chuck said he was 'showboating'  

I bet he was hollering from the great  'ballpark in the sky'  last night.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Mon May 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Random rambler:55024 wrote:I saw the  you tube clip of chuck and arsenio hall. Chuck told of going to a recent game at Yankee stadium and people yelling: "hey Lucas !"  I have read or heard various stories through the years about a curse on the cubs. One is that a gentleman put a curse on the cubs  because there was a new rule prohibiting bringing livestock to the game and he could no longer being his goat there. Another one is that the stadium was built on top of a burial ground

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Mon May 15, 2017 2:05 pm

rooster davis:55056 wrote:I will gladly admit I'm not a baseball fan - not even a Cubs fan though I grew up near Chicago. (I was a White Sox fan for a long time.) I gave up on baseball the summer the ballplayers walked out on strike and ruined the season.

But while I know Chuck Connors would have been very pleased by the Cubs World Series win, the people I really think of are the announcers, TV broadcasters, players, coaches, hot dog and beer sellers, and legions of fans who spent entire long lives waiting for this to happen and never got to see it.

My wife, a very big Cubs fan, fell asleep before the end of the game and happened to wake up just a few minutes before they won the Series.

Return to “Chuck Connors “Significant Other” Work”