Favorite One Liners

Gather round the ol' cracker-barrel for some down-home talk about the usual words, phrases,or expressions that puzzle you as you watch The Rifleman.
Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Re: Favorite One Liners

Post by Dana » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 am

The vision

"Pa, she was nice to me." Mark is implying Lucas has not been nice to him lately.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:42 am

Dana wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 am
The vision

"Pa, she was nice to me." Mark is implying Lucas has not been nice to him lately.
I think Lucas and Mark were both off their mark in this episode. It all started with Mark ordering a saddle at Hattie's that he wanted, the scene with flowers and then from there it escalated.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:02 pm

In a Young Mans Fancy Mark replied......"carrying a bag" when Lucas asked him what he was doing. I liken that to the line in Dirty Dancing where Baby replies......"carrying a watermelon?"

also the episode where Mark is trying on boots and Lucas says "walk in them"...."thats what boots are for...walking"... reminds me of Nancy Sinantra's "Boots are made for Walking"
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:25 am

cowgirl wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:42 am
Dana wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 am
The vision

I think Lucas and Mark were both off their mark in this episode. It all started with Mark ordering a saddle at Hattie's that he wanted, the scene with flowers and then from there it escalated.
One of the things i love about the both the surveyors and the vision is that when Lucas and Mark have a row, It is hard to decide which one is behaving more immaturely. Lucas is the first tv father who did not always know best.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:11 am

In the apprentice sheriff when Dan Willard asks Lucas if there is any more advice Lucas could give him and Lucas replies "a great deal".

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:28 am

When Mark is boasting about how wonderful Lucas is with the rifle and Lucas chastises him: "Mark, I told you not to brag. ..that much." Notice the slight pause.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:22 pm

this one is not a one liner....more of a tongue twister I enjoyed in Knight Errant (really the ONLY thing I enjoyed in this episode). it is when Mark rescues the pig

Don Chimera Del Laredo commented.... "By my road gauge there's a young cock that come through with great personal parallel. Rescue’s a damsel in distress from durance farm, and allows it to flee to the arms of the waiting prince."

Mark looking confused looks around and wonders if he is really talking about the pig?

"All it was, was a pig stuck in a crack in the shed! Wasn't even a girl pig at that?" Said Mark.

to me that was a tongue twister for Mark to say!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:05 am

:sillycowboy: Mark was scared. As he was slowly kneeling Don Chimera Del Laredo turned to his Esquire Gates and winked. "Y-y-your not gonna cut off my head?" Mark asked a bit nervously. "Pa wouldn't like that!"
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Yes thats a good one too.; the wriiters did come up with some great lines for sure!!

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:35 am

The blowout : John dehner wins the prize for best delivery! When Lucas speaks of the 13 men Al walker has killed, al walker chides: "now, Lucas don't dwell on the morbid ", as if Lucas is complaining about bad service at a restaurant.

Return to “Unusual Words, Phrases, or Expressions”