Treated Like a Man......

Mark had several different ideas of what he wanted to be when he grew up. I though it would be fun to name some of these.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Treated Like a Man......

Post by cowgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 1:49 pm

markisddg:37627 wrote:not a boy, Pa. I'm 16 years old, old enough to be married if I cotton to think of finding a woman. So don't think I'm a kid. You treated me more grown up when I was 10 and we first bought our place, so give me a little credit. I helped you out of some real scraps you got into, plum saved your life in the past so remember I'm a man not a boy."

"Oh and I'm buying myself a hand gun. You can be a big deal with a rifle but I'll be known as The Six Shooter Man."
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Treated Like a Man......

Duchess McCain:37639 wrote:I think part of the problem with that was Johnny Crawford's age.  It seems like someone wanted him to be a boy for as long as possible, but to all the viewers, you know that Johnny is older.  I have only seen a few episodes from season 4, but quite frankly, I don't know if I want to watch season 5.  I like to stick to horses and apple pies, and having problems with fractions.  

On a separate note, whenever they portray Lucas doing something that I don't think he would have, I ask myself what Chuck would have done, and then you have your answer. :grin:

I'll get off my soap box now, because after all, it is still the best show to ever grace our tvs!

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

driscolldoll:37640 wrote:"On a separate note, whenever they portray Lucas doing something that I don't think he would have, I ask myself what Chuck would have done, and then you have your answer."

Love that idea!!

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 1:50 pm

HeatherF:37643 wrote:I wish they gave him more mature stuff to do too- I mean, come on- he's 16!  Season 5 has it's good episodes even with one of the writer's wild ideas to keep Mark acting like a boy- not to mention Johnny's good looks :) :)

I guess that's what writing is for- you keep on going Past season 5 and Mark is acting more grown up and for the most part- being treated like a grown up....

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 1:50 pm

maxman:37644 wrote:
HeatherF:37643 wrote:I wish they gave him more mature stuff to do too- I mean, come on- he's 16!
They had him playing 2 years under his actual age, but I know what you mean.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 1:51 pm

Duchess McCain:37645 wrote:I love hearing Johnny talk in season 4.  His voice is so soothing.  One of my favorite scenes is when Lucas tells Mark that he's not old enough to shoot a gun.  And then he brings him aside and tells him about the 'growing up time.'  Even though you can tell that Johnny has already started that time, I still think that it's pretty meaningful.  It would be interesting to hear his take on this. . .

Return to “When I grow up I wanna be... (2015 to present)”