Lonesome Bride

I thought it would be neat to have a place to discuss "The Rifleman" episodes. If there is an episode you wish to discuss in length, please feel free to post it here.
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Lonesome Bride

Post by wildwest » Mon May 15, 2017 5:26 pm

markisddg:52302 wrote:I love this episode. It was funny, easy to watch and sad at times. It had everything going for it. Joan was great as Mary as well as Charv and his brother. The story was well written and not hard to swallow like Guilty Conscience.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Lonesome Bride

Post by wildwest » Mon May 15, 2017 5:26 pm

Brownpaw:52309 wrote:This is a great episode with humor and pathos.  They must have had fun filming this one.  I enjoyed the expressions on Micah's, Mark's, Lucas's , and Milly's faces upon hearing of Lucas's upcoming marriage.  

Poor Lucas.  What an awkward situation to be in.  Such a cruel prank to play on a lady.  You had to feel for her when she began to face the truth that she was the victim of a joke.

I liked the opening scene where Chavre Banner blocks Lucas's way and after tripping him up, Lucas kicks him and the chair right over.  

Too bad Mary didn't go for older men because Micah was very interested in her.  

I spotted another  blooper in the scene where Mark rides back home to find Lucas.  As Mark gallops up to the ranch at full speed, copious smoke billows from the chimney.  But upon entering, the fireplace is cold and dark with no fire whatsoever.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Mon May 15, 2017 5:27 pm

ruskin:52311 wrote:I like the part when Mark tells Lucas that she is expecting him to marry her and he loudly blurts out "WHAT!!" lol The look on both their faces are too funny.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Mon May 15, 2017 5:27 pm

markisddg:52327 wrote:I agree and love how Micah seemed interested in Mary. Kelly Banner certainly was taken with her. The funniest was when she saw Lucas and said "Well now." Then gives him that great kiss. Another flaw was when Mary says she used all her savings she had to get to North Fork but at the end she has enough to get back to St. Louis.

Noticed a similarity to the previous episode Stop Over. In both a man and woman board a stagecoach at the end with a possible romance to ensue. Tess and Christopher in Stop Over and Mary and Kelly.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Re: Lonesome Bride #108 - Hooray for Tall Men

Post by cowgirl » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:40 am

Hooray for Tall Men

I think you guys will enjoy this article, I did. I found it cute.

Joan Shawlee tells how she finally found a man she can look up to and how she had to stand on her tiptoes to give Lucas a kiss.

The Lonesome Bride #108
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:20 pm

Do you think curiosity ever got the better if Millie and she steamed lucas's mail open?

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:15 am

hmmmmm..... I don't think Milly would have done that, or would she?

Being that the post office was in Milly's store, Milly thought she would had noticed any letters from a matrimony bureau. But Mary told her they used plain, white envelope so it wouldn't be embarrassing to the customers.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Thanks for sharing the article about Joan. we never thiink about the problems with a tall actress and short leading men. wouldn't we have ALL loved to have tried to kiss Lucas? swoon

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:21 pm

We're letters postmarked back then? Wouldn't Lucas have seen the letters? After all, the letters were addressed to Lucas.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:32 pm

Years ago, I took a tour at universal studios. The tour guide said that larger props were often used to make women seem smaller and smaller props were used with males to make the men seem taller.

Return to “The Rifleman”