The Debt - Wow Lucas was mad!

I thought it would be neat to have a place to discuss "The Rifleman" episodes. If there is an episode you wish to discuss in length, please feel free to post it here.
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: The Debt - Wow Lucas was mad!

Post by wildwest » Tue May 16, 2017 1:12 am

Western Gal:47784 wrote:Lawrence Dobkin and Adam Williams wrote The Executioner.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Tue May 16, 2017 1:12 am

cowgirl:47794 wrote:You guys are good!

Although he didn't write an episode, William Conrad did direct 'Three Legged Terror.'
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Tue May 16, 2017 1:13 am

Random rambler:54358 wrote:Renalds talked to Mark almost the way Lucas did. Renalds was not paternal, but he was almost avuncular. I wonder if the writers did that 9n purpose. Like Lucas, renalds seemed torn between between being stern and strict with Mark and being amused and perplexed.  Micah could see grays while Lucas tended to be black and white.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:26 am

What kind of trouble did Micah get in for losing the handcuffs key? It seems to me that would be just as serious-if not more so-than Mark keeping quiet when renalds left.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:32 am

It surprised me Mark seemed to know nothing about renalds' trial. Lucas sheltered Mark, but even Lucas could not keep Mark from hearing talk in town. It also surprised me Lucas was not grateful for renalds saving Mark 's life and try to speak up for renalds.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:28 am

I rewatched the episode recently. At the end of the episode, Lucas does not seem too angry with mark. Lucas smiles at Mark and ruffles his hair. I actually think there is some quid-pro-quo between Lucas and Micah and renalds: Lucas and Micah are speaking up for the condemned man in the hopes renalds won't spill the beans about Micah misplacing the key to the prison staff or a reporter.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:14 pm

this episode had a lot of weird things in it. I have always said....when Mark went to fill the canteens with water, why didn't he just get on a horse and leave for help, even take Renolds horse also so he could not come after him.

there was no blood at the gunshot wound for the old man. I know you look for this a lot. it seems we see no blood in a lot of westerns . did you see Johnny in El Dorado? he is shot by John Wayne and there is blood, even on Johnnys hands. he played Luke McDonald (so close to Lucas McCain)

in the ghost town after Mark started the fire, Renolds came in and untied Marks legs, then carried him out. Mark could run out on his own now. and of course Mark leaves his chewed up hat behind but it surfaces in the next episode.

oh my.....Hollywood.....

I do like when Lucas messes Marks hair of tips Marks hat. wonder how much of that was scripted or added by Chuck. since he had 4 boys I would think a lot of Lucas mannerisms might be how Chuck interacted with his boys

"Pa, he saved my life again!"

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:17 am

I am going to have to watch elements dorado. Is renalds handcuffed at the end of the episode or did Micah lose the key again?

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:00 pm

I don't think Renalds was handcuffed at the end. I think Micah gave up on the handcuffs at that point. He has Lucas along who could run him down if he tries to get away again. ha

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:23 pm

In the young Englishman, Lucas overlooks the cattle rustling going on under Jeremy Ashford nose on his property, because Ashford saves Mark's life. Lucas has no such inclination towards renalds.

Return to “The Rifleman”