The Voice

I thought it would be neat to have a place to discuss "The Rifleman" episodes. If there is an episode you wish to discuss in length, please feel free to post it here.
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

The Voice

Post by wildwest » Tue May 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Random rambler:56958 wrote:In your opinion,  which actor or actress on the show has the most beautiful speaking voice?  For me, it would have to be Claude Akins.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: The Voice

Deneen:56962 wrote:("Home Ranch")  I luv hearing Lucas tell Mark the story of "Job".  :smile:
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Random rambler:56965 wrote:For female voices , my choice is Joan Taylor. She was Lucas's petite squeeze and had a husky, unconsciously seductive voice. On the other hand, Patricia Blair was statuesque and strident, a frontier forerunner of Mary Richards,  yet her voice as soft and lilting.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Tue May 16, 2017 10:12 pm

wildwest:57003 wrote:I really liked the twang in Harlan Warde and Patricia Blairs voice.  sort of Irish but neither of them were Irish in real life

saw Harlan on Mayberry and some Bonanza and he had the same voice.  also interesting Harlan was on Patricia Blairs Daniel Boone series in 1970 with her.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:30 am

I could listen to John dehner speak all day long!

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:53 am

wildwest wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 10:12 pm
wildwest:57003 wrote:I really liked the twang in Harlan Warde and Patricia Blairs voice.  sort of Irish but neither of them were Irish in real life

saw Harlan on Mayberry and some Bonanza and he had the same voice.  also interesting Harlan was on Patricia Blairs Daniel Boone series in 1970 with her.
I think John Hamilton is supposed to be Scottish. I have not been able to find anything about where is parents or Patricia Blair's parents were from in real life. Have you?

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:01 pm

I cannot find much on them or their parents. Patricia married a man 12 years her senior. For a while they lived on his 60 foot powerboat. She was a teenage model. Patricia died just last year. She had no children

Harlan was a character actor active in television and movies. During World War II, he served in Special Forces.
In 1962–1971 Warde joined the cast of the TV Western series The Virginian in the recurring role of Sheriff Brannon. Harlan had one child.

I really liked both of them....perhaps their voice is what set them apart for certain roles, it was unique.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:43 am

Of course, there is also Chuck / Lucas. The Brooklyn accent came out when the character was agitated. For me, the best example of this is in first wages.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:37 pm

good point Deneen!!

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:35 pm

Huh? :icon_question: :lol:

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Return to “The Rifleman”