Have you seen this Cowboy??

I thought it would be neat to have a place to discuss "The Rifleman" episodes. If there is an episode you wish to discuss in length, please feel free to post it here.
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Have you seen this Cowboy??

Post by wildwest » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:58 pm

I did not know what to call this one.....

My question is.......are there actors who seemed to be typecast as certain characters but were actually good Cowboys?

The ones I am surprised about is.....David Hartman. we know him mainly as a TV host and on Good Morning America. He has that deep voice (still alive) David is 6'5" and was really good on The Virginian in seven episodes. (wish he had been on more) James Drury was small next to him. Rode really well and looked good as a cowboy. attended Duke University.

Another is Hugh Beaumont. Yes, The Beavers Dad. He was on Hopalong Cassidy, Lone Ranger, Wells Fargo and also The Virginian. Rode really well on The VIrginian and also looked good as a cowboy. A licensed Minister also. I was surprised when I saw him on The Virginian. he didn't look like a geek.

what are some actors who made good cowboys that surprised you?

But my heart still goes to The Sodbuster!!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Have you seen this Cowboy??

Post by Deneen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Not the best CowBoy - But I was surprised to see Buddy Hackett :surprisedcowboy:
on The Rifleman. He was okay in "BloodLines".
But I don't have to watch "The Clarence Bibbs Story" again. :lol:

"Two Ounces Of Tin" - I laughed when I first saw this episode. Sammy Davis Jr. as a cowboy? I think Sammy over acted in his death scene. I laughed. :lol:

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Re: Have you seen this Cowboy??

Post by ruskin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Robert Fuller from Emergency was on Laramie wasn't it? I've not seen him on it because we don't get the show here in Canada but I'd seen write ups etc on it.

Clint Eastwood - Rawhide
Judy (Ruskin)

Return to “The Rifleman”