"Mark, get some water"

I thought it would be neat to have a place to discuss "The Rifleman" episodes. If there is an episode you wish to discuss in length, please feel free to post it here.
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

"Mark, get some water"

Post by wildwest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:29 am

How many episodes have we heard Lucas say.....:Mark, get some water son" after someone stopped by
the ranch for medical attention? I think they had the pan on the stove all the time cause folks just kept stopping by.

Here are some:

Sins of the Father.....Mark got warm water for a shot Andy Moon

Strange Town......Mark got some water for Micah to drink after a beat up Micah stumbled back to the ranch

The Prodigal.....Mark got some cold water for Mrs. Havercourt to drink after she fainted

The Retired Gun......Mark got some water for Wes after he was beat up and stumbled to the ranch. Wes was in town, why did he come all the way to the ranch????

The Deserter.....Lucas tended to Ben (the soldier) who had been shot cause he stole water. Not sure if Lucas said "get some water"

getting water was one of Marks duties like chores.....for which Lucas rewarded him with 'rock candy' in town!

Did I miss any??
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Re: "Mark, get some water"

Post by Dana » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:28 am

Mark got Lucas some water just before he was taken hostage in the raid. Lucas graciously thanked Mark.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:37 pm

Good one...I forgot about that one. Mark also had the coffee pot on all the time for Lucas and Micah and anyone who stopped by....the coffee was already ready. think I will stop by there this morning for my 'morning brew'!

handy kid to have around!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:30 pm

"The Score Is Even" ~ After being shot - Lucas asked for some water - there was none. Had there been any water - Mark would have been ready to give it to Lucas. :)

Also - When Mark returned to the camp - Lucas was unconscious. When he woke up - Mark was there with a canteen.

"Ordeal" ~ Mark found Lucas unconscious. I was surprised Mark didn't already have a canteen with him. Thank goodness the cowboy that was with Mark ran back to his horse to get some water. :)

Water - Water - Water ~ The gift of life. :lol:

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:54 am

Of course, it is important to mention the time Lucas did not bring enough water: the poorly planned camping trip in the vision.

Oldtimer
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Oldtimer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:39 pm

A Case of Identity - Lucas tells Mark to get water after Mr Wingate had one of his spells at the ranch.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:36 am

All of these answers are great! you can tell we ranchhands notice the smallest things

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:31 am

Mark fetched some water so Lucas could care for miss Adams after her struggle with Johnny clover in three-legged terror.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:25 pm

"Quiet Fear" - Lucas told Mark to get some water and a towel after Abby was knocked unconscious after Bud pushed her off a ladder.

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:32 am

Not Lucas, but let's give credit where credit is due :in the debt, renalds had Mark get water, but mark filled the canteens with kerosene instead.

Return to “The Rifleman”