Aug 30- Chuck and Wives - Last Part

'Archive news section' - old news but good news. This is open to all members. If any of you have an article you would like to share, please feel free to post your articles of interest in this section - 'Archive News' - 'Out of the Past'
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Aug 30- Chuck and Wives - Last Part

Post by cowgirl » Sat May 20, 2017 11:38 am

Dianna:9031 wrote:Chuck and Wives

[ magazine articles]

---image broken---

Kamala Devi

Kamala Devi is from India. Chuck met Kamala when they appeared together in Geronimo.But not too many months ago, Chuck doubted that he could ever find happiness in marriage again. It took a special girl like Kamala to change his mind.

---images broken---

Chuck and Kamala wed at a friends home on Chuck's birthday April 10, 1963.

The Wedding

---images broken---

The guy from Brooklyn and the girl from Bombay are married now living in a cliff side dream-house that overlooks the whole San Fernando Valley .

Their home in the Canyon Country Club area of South Palm Springs.
      [ as it looks today]

---images broken---

"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Aug 30- Chuck and Wives - Last Part

Post by cowgirl » Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 am

Dianna:9033 wrote:Kamala loves her husband so shamelessly that it embarrasses most wives who see her operate. The beautiful hazel-eyed, raven-haired fusion of a son of India and a daughter of England is almost never out of patience with her man.
     But there are rare exceptions-such as the occasion recently- when her tall, taciturn husband got himself hospitalized because of on-the-set heroics beyond the call of duty and contract. Not to mention, Kamala sighs, beyond the call of common sense.
     "He's got more energy than three people put into one," she says, more dispairingly than admiringly. "That's why he gets hurt, really. He was in the hospital because he insists on doing his own stunts and his own fight sequences." "Chuck has somebody who stands in for him," Kamala points out, "this man will go through rehearsals but when the camera rolls, Chuck does everything himself. He leaps on horses and drags them back, throws the punches and lifts the heavies and throws them over the bar. They always have heavies that weigh over three hundred pounds. They really have heavy heavies, Kamala exclaimed.
       Kamala would no more think of nagging her husband than rising that lovely musical voice against him. She long ago gave up on prevailing on Chuck not to risk his neck unnecessarily but since her concern is matched only by her resourcefulness she took her plight to the producers of Branded, while Chuck, unable to remonstrate, was harnessed to a hospital bed recuperating from his injuries. Like the loving wife she is, she pleaded with the producer to go easier on her husband in those dreadful fight sequences. The producer listened sympathetically, but expressed helplessness. "I wish there was something I could do, Kamala" he said, "but I don't have to tell you how Chuck is. He absolutely insists on doing his own fights." "Oh, I know that perfectly well," Kamala conceded, "but good heavens why can't you have heavies who look big but are rather light, hollow men?"

Chuck and Kamala both enjoy golf. Chuck is a top notch athlete. Kamala took up golf and much to her surprise she has beaten her hubby at the game.

---images broken---

They also enjoy their pool.

---images broken---

Kamala often helps Chuck with his lines, cues him and plays other parts.

---images broken---

The Chuck Connor's are ending their 8 1/2 year marriage. Surprising many the couple filed for divorce in Santa Monica, with the lovely Kamala waiving alimony. Seems the beautiful Indian lady feels that taking money from an ex-husband while dating others is "immoral". Kamala says she intends to move to London or Paris since she loves travelling and has many friends in both European capitals. Chuck in the meantime, is finishing up his stage stint in Chicago.

---images broken---

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Matthew:9052 wrote:WOW, great article!! I loved all the pictures!! It is neat to finally read about things in his life that you really don't hear much about! :cool:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pirates09:9055 wrote:GREAT article, thanks for sharing!
And yes Matthew, I agree!

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Sat May 20, 2017 11:41 am

chrisb6263:9076 wrote:Sounds like Kamala really loved her Chuck - it's too bad it couldn't have lasted longer.  I don't know what the statistics are for 2nd marriage successes, but I suspect they're a little better than first ones.  I still wish he would have made it work with Betty.  
Another AWESOME job, Dianna!!
                                                smiley_goodpost  :yeah  :hello1:  smiley_yeah

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Michelle P.:9078 wrote:Thank you, thank you, thank you Dianna!  I loved IT!!!!!

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dianna:9105 wrote:Thanks. You all are sure welcome. Glad you're enjoying it.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Sat May 20, 2017 11:42 am

Western Gal:48729 wrote:
Dianna:9033 wrote:Kamala loves her husband so shamelessly that it embarrasses most wives who see her operate. The beautiful hazel-eyed, raven-haired fusion of a son of India and a daughter of England is almost never out of patience with her man.
     But there are rare exceptions-such as the occasion recently- when her tall, taciturn husband got himself hospitalized because of on-the-set heroics beyond the call of duty and contract. Not to mention, Kamala sighs, beyond the call of common sense.
     "He's got more energy than three people put into one," she says, more dispairingly than admiringly. "That's why he gets hurt, really. He was in the hospital because he insists on doing his own stunts and his own fight sequences." "Chuck has somebody who stands in for him," Kamala points out, "this man will go through rehearsals but when the camera rolls, Chuck does everything himself. He leaps on horses and drags them back, throws the punches and lifts the heavies and throws them over the bar. They always have heavies that weigh over three hundred pounds. They really have heavy heavies, Kamala exclaimed.
       Kamala would no more think of nagging her husband than rising that lovely musical voice against him. She long ago gave up on prevailing on Chuck not to risk his neck unnecessarily but since her concern is matched only by her resourcefulness she took her plight to the producers of Branded, while Chuck, unable to remonstrate, was harnessed to a hospital bed recuperating from his injuries. Like the loving wife she is, she pleaded with the producer to go easier on her husband in those dreadful fight sequences. The producer listened sympathetically, but expressed helplessness. "I wish there was something I could do, Kamala" he said, "but I don't have to tell you how Chuck is. He absolutely insists on doing his own fights." "Oh, I know that perfectly well," Kamala conceded, "but good heavens why can't you have heavies who look big but are rather light, hollow men?"
The above is an excerpt from the December, 1966 issue of TV and Movie Screen and included the picture below. The picture may be posted somewhere else on the ranch already, but I thought it was a nice compliment to the information in the article.

Return to “North Fork Gazette Archive News - out of the past”