Chuck Connors the man..... Chuck Connors the legend

Let's talk about these three great stars of "The Rifleman." They certainly made the show what it was & is today. I thought they deserved their own section.
Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Chuck Connors the man..... Chuck Connors the legend

Post by Deneen » Mon May 29, 2017 1:27 am

cowgirl:1426 wrote:Here ya' go Jules!
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Chuck Connors the man..... Chuck Connors the legend

Post by Deneen » Mon May 29, 2017 1:32 am

Michelle P.:1535 wrote::crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

Why am I crying?  Because I just read the saddest part of the entire book of "Chuck Connors: The Man Behind the Rifle."  I knew that he died, but this makes it so...real to actually read it in his biography...

I had no idea that his sons weren't there when he died...The book says they were on their way!  How absolutely tragic.  And it sounds like he had no idea he was actually dying until he had a relapse of pnemonia and was rushed to the hopsital, then he died within days!

Ugh!  I'm watching Rifleman when he's young and healthy and trying to put the story out of my mind...but I do have a question:

In the book, it talks about a 2nd season episode that Chuck just finished filming where he kills 2 guys robbing the bank.  They didn't like the violence, so just had him walk in and not show the shooting.  Does anyone know which one this is???

Also, one humuous thing:  Chuck rode his bicycle going around singing "It's corn, corn, corn; but that's what the people want, want, want...singing about how corny some of the scenes were...LOL

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 29, 2017 1:36 am

Cowgirlatheart:18351 wrote:Wasn't that the Surveyers?  Chuck shot the lock off the door but there was no exchange of gunfire in the bank - they put their hands up and walked out to wait for Micah?

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 29, 2017 1:43 am

Michelle P.:18352 wrote:The way it sounded, though, the shootings still occurred but you just heard it - you didn't see it.

Return to “Sam Barrow's Barber Shop Archives”