Gun Shy - episode #153

The Rifleman forum posts from 2015 and prior.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Gun Shy - episode #153

Post by cowgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 9:07 am

cowgirl:32922 wrote:Mark is in room #5.  When Lucas asked for the key Lou says there is no lock on the door!  smiley_confused

Why would there be no lock on the door to the hotel room?

What is it about that dress!!!!!  :wink:
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gun Shy - episode #153

Post by cowgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 9:08 am

Gloria Fortner:33070 wrote:I wondered that about the key also.  Kind of dumb to have a hotel room without a key.  There is no way she could possibly rent it out.  But then, maybe Lucas had shot the lock off in one of his shootouts or kicked the door in and she hadn't had time to have it fixed.  HaHa. Also, Lou annoyed me in this one.  Lucas came in asking about his kid that had run away from home and she starts in on her new dress.  Who cared?  Sometimes she was so vain.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

markisddg:33084 wrote:You guys are so funny..I was ROFL. What is it about that dress?  ....“He had one that was all red beads.  What there was of it.  But I was afraid I’d make trouble among the customers!”......but not with Lucas.

That room was used for Lou when she had a special visitor so it didn't need a lock. Wonder if that room was the same one from Sidewinder when it didn't have a shaving mug.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rhiannon:33189 wrote:"But I was afraid I’d make trouble among the customers"

Yeah, LOL, what customers? The dress salesman? Mark?

The only time Mark was distracted by her dress was when he tried to throw her off from questioning him by saying "that's a nice dress, Miss Lou, real nice" (or something like that)

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 9:09 am

cowgirl:33190 wrote:
The only time Mark was distracted by her dress was when he tried to throw her off from questioning him by saying "that's a nice dress, Miss Lou, real nice" (or something like that)
Yes I noticed that too!  Smart guy!   :wink:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rhiannon:33193 wrote:LOL. Right you are!

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Michelle P.:33223 wrote:
markisddg:33084 wrote:You guys are so funny..I was ROFL. What is it about that dress?  ....“He had one that was all red beads.  What there was of it.  But I was afraid I’d make trouble among the customers!”......but not with Lucas.

That room was used for Lou when she had a special visitor so it didn't need a lock. Wonder if that room was the same one from Sidewinder when it didn't have a shaving mug.
I love the look on Lucas' face after she says this.  Then he looks her up and down and you KNOW what he's doing in his head...picturing her wearing it!  

Okay Lucas, you son is going through hell right now and you are downstairs picturing a half-naked lady in your mind???  Get up there toy our boy!  LOL

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 9:10 am

Shilohbloo:51032 wrote:
cowgirl:33190 wrote:
The only time Mark was distracted by her dress was when he tried to throw her off from questioning him by saying "that's a nice dress, Miss Lou, real nice" (or somehting like that)
Yes I noticed that too!  Smart guy!   :wink:
Michelle P.:33223 wrote:

I love the look on Lucas' face after she says this.  Then he looks her up and down and you KNOW what he's doing in his head...picturing her wearing it!  

Okay Lucas, you son is going through hell right now and you are downstairs picturing a half-naked lady in your mind???  Get up there toy our boy!  LOL
Going through all the old threads, and these 2011 posts are simply cracking me up! Every time I see the "dress comment" scenes, where Mark, then Lucas, mention Lou's wardrobe, I get a good chuckle. It's nice to have that lighthearted relief within all the heavy drama, even as I know it's coming. awesome_yes

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dulci-Gal:51060 wrote:
Gloria Fortner:33070 wrote:Lucas came in asking about his kid that had run away from home and she starts in on her new dress.
I thought Lucas was pretty low-key in this scene. As protective as he was over Mark, it struck me as a bit out-of-character. Do you suppose it was because Mark was a bit older, at this point?

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shilohbloo:51062 wrote:
Dulci-Gal:51060 wrote:
Gloria Fortner:33070 wrote:Lucas came in asking about his kid that had run away from home and she starts in on her new dress.
I thought Lucas was pretty low-key in this scene. As protective as he was over Mark, it struck me as a bit out-of-character. Do you suppose it was because Mark was a bit older, at this point?
I believe that Lucas understood that as out-of-control as things appeared here, they really weren't as such in actuality, because it's clear to him that Mark doesn't really want to run away. He's just lost in his head. Going through the motions of running away is just Mark's way of getting his pa to hear him, to get him to understand how he is feeling, in hopes that his pa can help him through it in the way he needs. Mark knew that his pa would be coming after him... and he chose a place that would make finding him very easy. This is quite obvious to Lucas. So, with understanding that - as long as Lucas knows his son is just upstairs and safe - he isn't feeling that anxiety that he would normally feel if Mark was missing or in some such mess. One way or another, he knows he's going home with his son. Playing it cool and easy is just a means to an end to getting him there.

Return to “The Rifleman Archives”