What's with ME-TV skipping seasons suddenly???

The Rifleman forum posts from 2015 and prior.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

What's with ME-TV skipping seasons suddenly???

Post by cowgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 9:13 am

Shilohbloo:51072 wrote:So, I was happily watching the first season through on ME-TV TV_happy ... when near the end, they suddenly skip all the way down to mid third season with "The Wyoming Story"! smiley_scratchhead Okay, I do love that storyline (Well, more to the point, I love that ending!! smiley_hugx), but wasn't prepared for it, being that I was hoping to see each show all straight through from Season 1-5. So now I'm thinking, "Okay, it's Saturday, and they just wanted to bring out a nice little surprise before going back to the rest of Season 1"... but nope, we're still on Season three! awesome_schmoll (and now four!! smiley_mad). Just really wondering why all of a sudden they felt the need to skip a whole season and a half. smiley_confused I don't think ME-TV's done that before, usually being very good about keeping it sequential, at least for the most part. Is this, perchance, a warning that it will be the next series that has "earned a well deserved rest" - as they say - next season on ME-TV??? smiley_sad

Image    Image
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What's with ME-TV skipping seasons suddenly???

rooster davis:51092 wrote:Time will tell what METV is going to do but it was only very recently I saw promos on ME for the Rifleman, with Johnny Crawford. Maybe there's a website with a contact link so someone could ask?

If they DO end their run of Rifleman, at least for now, I hope they'll end it as classy as Encore Westerns did - with the last aired episode being the very first one of the series. I always liked very much how Encore did that. Instead of just chopping off the episodes 'wherever', they left us with Lucas and Mark beginning their adventures and life in North Fork anew.

A small thing, but I liked it.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shilohbloo:51095 wrote:
rooster davis:51092 wrote:Time will tell what METV is going to do but it was only very recently I saw promos on ME for the Rifleman, with Johnny Crawford. Maybe there's a website with a contact link so someone could ask?

If they DO end their run of Rifleman, at least for now, I hope they'll end it as classy as Encore Westerns did - with the last aired episode being the very first one of the series. I always liked very much how Encore did that. Instead of just chopping off the episodes 'wherever', they left us with Lucas and Mark beginning their adventures and life in North Fork anew.

A small thing, but I liked it.
Yes, I agree with you 100%! It's a very classy way to deal with it... and often the smallest things make the biggest impact. :smile: It leaves us off with a beginning rather than an end. And I believe that is what's happening here. Regardless of whether or not they are going to give it a rest for a bit, the episodes calculate perfectly for "Old Tony" to air on the first half of Sat. Sept. 6th, with "Sharpshooter" showing on the second half. I believe the new lineup starts on Sun. Sept. 7th. So, either they want it to start fresh with the new lineup, or they are taking it away with that aforementioned class. :wink:

EDIT: Just saw that the new lineup starts on Sat. Sept. 6th! Soooo... if my calculations are correct, that SHOULD mean that they just want to start it fresh in the new lineup! Afterall, otherwise, they wouldn't end it on that Saturday, when everything else is starting new, but on that Friday, when the old lineup is ending! :grin: At least that's the logical conclusion... but as you say, time will tell. :clock:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 9:14 am

Dulci-Gal:51102 wrote:
rooster davis:51092 wrote: Maybe there's a website with a contact link so someone could ask?
Rooster, here is a quote from the thread, "MeTV to replace The Rifleman:"
TVFan:51086 wrote:Some stations are going to continue to air The Rifleman at a different time.  Check with your local affiliate.  I saw one that will be doing an afternoon block of Westerns, but Chips will be taking over the regular spot.
I looked online and saw that my local affiliate has a webpage with contact information. You might want to google yours and see what you find.

BTW, my affiliate's site has a place for viewer comments. Hmm...  :wink:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shilohbloo:51136 wrote:
Dulci-Gal:51102 wrote:
rooster davis:51092 wrote: Maybe there's a website with a contact link so someone could ask?
Rooster, here is a quote from the thread, "MeTV to replace The Rifleman:"
TVFan:51086 wrote:Some stations are going to continue to air The Rifleman at a different time.  Check with your local affiliate.  I saw one that will be doing an afternoon block of Westerns, but Chips will be taking over the regular spot.
I looked online and saw that my local affiliate has a webpage with contact information. You might want to google yours and see what you find.

BTW, my affiliate's site has a place for viewer comments. Hmm...  :wink:
smiley_hear_ye Looks like it will be on in the Ozarks... Found this new Fall ME-TV schedule for Central time. It looks like they're changing it to three hours earlier...

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/213473-me- ... -schedule/.

Hope it translates to California! smiley_angel

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dulci-Gal:51140 wrote:And to Ohio!  :wink:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 9:15 am

rooster davis:51185 wrote:Very encouraging! I hope Rifleman will remain on for all of us. I know ME has more than one channel, I only get one, hopefully it's the right one.

I don't know if they'd think to consciously end the series (when / if it happens) with the first episode again as Encore Westerns did, but I have always remember that they did it that way and who knows, maybe it was just a coincidence or accident. I like to think it was thoughtfully planned.

Return to “The Rifleman Archives”