Riggin

2014 and prior posts
ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Riggin

Post by ruskin » Fri May 26, 2017 2:52 am

sodbuster2:45866 wrote:In "The Baby Sitter" episode, I have never before heard of a diaper being called a "riggin'". Lucas tells Mark to "get me a riggin'" as he prepares to change the baby's diaper.
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Re: Riggin

Post by ruskin » Fri May 26, 2017 2:53 am

Rhody:45870 wrote:Lucas said it first when he agreed to take the baby home.  I think he was a little embarrassed to ask  the mother for what  he was going to need and used riggin as a lack of a better word.  Although I don't know why he said he didn't know anything about taking care of babies.  What about Mark?
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Fri May 26, 2017 2:54 am

Western Gal:45874 wrote:Wasn't Mark age 6 when Margaret died ? Think this comment was made in several episodes. Lucas probably left all the feedin' and diaperin' to Margaret.

In The Visitors, Ann Dodd says something to the effect of Lucas putting Mark under his arm and leaving after Margaret dies, which does sound like a much younger child.
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Fri May 26, 2017 2:56 am

Rhody:45875 wrote:Yes, I believe Mark was supposed to be 6 when she died.  Unfortunately, continuity does not seem to be one of the series' strong suits.   Probably because there were so many writers and they couldn't dream of the technology we have today to scrutinize every detail.  It is fun to do though isn't it?
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Fri May 26, 2017 2:57 am

Western Gal:45878 wrote:Sure is ! I could spend all day going over episodes looking for character details, bloopers, info for trivia questions, etc.
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Fri May 26, 2017 2:58 am

I originally posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:20 am

But didn't he have to look after Mark when he was first born for little while? In one show didn't Lucas tell a bit more about his birth and that Margaret almost (we assume he was going to say) 'died' during the birth process.
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Fri May 26, 2017 3:03 am

markisddg:46131 wrote:In Old Man Running Lucas doesn't say how old Mark is but does seem to indicate that Mark wouldn't remember his mother getting the fever. In Quiet Night Deadly Night Mark tells Nils that he remembers how the fever killed his mother. I'd have to watch them again to really know.

Also I love in The Babysitter how Lucas thinks if she has another bottle her deck will be awash. All seems to compare a baby to a ship.

Love that story Lucas tells Mark about the cutest calf no bigger than a sack of beans was born. Mark asked what happened to the little calf and Lucas says it kept following him around so he put some clothes on it and sent it to school. Love Mark's face.
Judy (Ruskin)

Return to “Unusual Words, Phrases, or Expressions Archives”