Interview w/ Ranch member Pirates09 9/13/09

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Interview w/ Ranch member Pirates09 9/13/09

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Matthew:9976 wrote:Let's get to know Pirates09...

Matthew-  How long have you been a Rifleman Fan?

Pirates09-  My Mom used to watch it all the time when I was younger (I'm 18 now) but I was never really THAT into it, until I watched a marathon of it back in May.

Matthew-  Do you have a favorite character on The Rifleman?

Pirates09- I don't really have a favorite. Obviously, I love Lucas and Mark.. and Micah

(I know, it's hard to pick just one)

Matthew- Which episode is your favorite and why?

Pirates09- Oh man, I have so many favorites! I'll try to narrow it down..

The Vision

Home Ranch

The Schoolmaster

The Wyoming Story (How can anyone NOT like this episode?)

The Pitchman

The Spoiler

Squeeze Play

Ordeal (This was so intense!)

Old Man Running.

Matthew-  If you could change one thing about The Rifleman what would it be?

Pirates09- I think I would have shown a different episode last, instead of Old Tony. I'm not really sure which one.. just one that had a good Lucas and Mark ending. Squeeze Play would have been a good one..there's a few scenes where Lucas and Mark have those talks.

Matthew- (Fun question) If they wrote a spin off of The Rifleman what name would you choose for the series?

Pirates-09 - I'm not really sure. I can't think of anything creative! I'm just glad they didn't do a spin off.

Thanks Pirates09!!! I'm sure everyone will enjoy reading this interview!
Western Gal

:cowgirl2:

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Interview w/ Ranch member Pirates09 9/13/09

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 9:07 pm

chrisb6263:10013 wrote:Another GREAT interview, Matthew!  Hey Mary, what about that 'talk' Lucas and Mark had at the end of these episodes:

The Journey Back
End of the Hunt
The Guest

Have you seen them?  Anyway, thanks for sharing with us!
                                                  :goodpost: :yeah: :clap:
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Matthew:10028 wrote:Thanks Chris, I appreciate it!
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 9:09 pm

rooster davis:10038 wrote:I agree about the last episode. I didn't much care for 'Old Tony' in the first place. I'd have liked to see an episode that left the loyal viewer a few minutes alone with Lucas and Mark, maybe with Lucas telling Mark some decision he'd made that would open up a new future for them even if we weren't going to be there to see it. Like, that he's just added onto the ranch, or bought a larger one...

I did like the way Encore Westerns ended the Rifleman's run on their station, with the very first episode. I think it was a conscious decision on someone's part at E-Westerns, and a good one. As we left Mark and Lucas for the last time on that channel, they were once again about to embark on all their adventures and a new life on their ranch. It seemed less like an ending of things, and more like a new beginning for Lucas and Mark.
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 9:10 pm

Stargazer:10056 wrote:Once again...very nice interview, Matthew!

I agree w/ you too, Pirates09.  I would rather have seen them end the series w/ The Guest or Squeeze Play.  The 'talks' at the end of either of those would have been appropriate.
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 9:12 pm

Pirates09:10070 wrote:
rooster davis wrote:I agree about the last episode. I didn't much care for 'Old Tony' in the first place. I'd have liked to see an episode that left the loyal viewer a few minutes alone with Lucas and Mark, maybe with Lucas telling Mark some decision he'd made that would open up a new future for them even if we weren't going to be there to see it. Like, that he's just added onto the ranch, or bought a larger one...

I did like the way Encore Westerns ended the Rifleman's run on their station, with the very first episode. I think it was a conscious decision on someone's part at E-Westerns, and a good one. As we left Mark and Lucas for the last time on that channel, they were once again about to embark on all their adventures and a new life on their ranch. It seemed less like an ending of things, and more like a new beginning for Lucas and Mark.
I like the episode, Old Tony...but I thought it was really weird that it was the last episode, until Chris posting the actual order they were filmed in.
Western Gal

Return to “'Matthew's Post'”