Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Surprise article!! North Fork Bound!

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Matthew:11650 wrote:North Fork Bound
Written by Matthew
Part 1

I decided to surprise everyone with a story. I will have the second part posted on Sunday. I hope everyone enjoys. I dedicate this to all of you!

“Son, come on wake up! We have to gather our stuff and load it in the car. We got 2 hours till we have to leave.” That is what I heard at 5 o’clock this morning. I didn’t mind though! This is one get away I couldn’t wait for.

Me and my Dad were longing for some Father/Son bonding time. Our fast pace lives were starting to get to the both of us. With my Dads work load and my forever ringing cell phone and friends banging at the door, we really needed to get away from our suburban life for a few days.

A few weeks back my Dad pulled out a map from his desk drawer opened it up and told me to close my eyes and drop my finger. Where my finger lands is where we go. So, I did just that! My finger landed on a small town called North Fork. Wanting to know more information on this small town, I decided to google it. I was amazed… The history… this place was perfect for me and my Dad. Gunfights, old saloons some guy they once called The Rifleman.

As me and my Dad were heading out on our adventure I pulled out an envelope with papers. “What’s that?” Dad asked me. “ Well Dad, I wanted to brush up on a little bit of history of North Fork and this McCain guy, they once called The Rifleman.”

“I’m impressed, I didn’t think you would take this getaway so serious. I’m glad! So, tell me what does it say?”

“Well Dad, from what I gather  .. that this McCain man was the go to guy. He was there when you needed him to be. I guess he had some sorta Rifle he used to carry with him. It says he killed some men but, all in self defense.” As I was reading this I couldn’t help but think how different times were back then compared to now. “ This is kinda cool Dad, Mark was his sons name. Same as mine!”

“That is cool, Mark. We have been driving for awhile. Let’s stop and get some rest. By tomorrow night we should be in North Fork. But not with out a good nights rest.”

“ Okay Dad or should I say Pa! You know like they used to say back in the day.” We both looked at each other and laughed.

The second Day of our vacation arrived. I was even more excited then ever. I knew by tonight we would be in North Fork!!

Over breakfast, I explained to Dad what else I had read. The lay out of the town and the people that once walked the streets.

“I guess the town Marshals name was Micah he was buddies with McCain, oh, his name was Lucas. I found that out last night when I was supposed to be sleeping.” I said to Dad with a grin. I knew my Dad possibly couldn’t be mad!

“Alright… Okay… son. Lets get going so we can arrive before dark.”

This drive was taking way to long! When I was just about to bust I seen a sign say Historic North Fork  5 miles ahead.

“Dad…Dad…only 5 more miles!!!”

“Yes, I seen that too. But it took us longer then I thought so we are not heading into North Fork tonight. Were going to sleep at this motel 8 then when we wake up will head on into town.”

“No!” I stated  “ We got to stay in North Fork at the Hotel! It was once owned by Lou Mallory”

“Who is Lou Mallory?” Dad asked in a puzzled voice.
“ I don’t know, some hot tempered Irish woman that once owned the hotel. But Mark and his Dad used to stay at the hotel on a regular basis. You can rent the room that was there favorite! Please Dad, Please.”

“Okay, if it means that much to you.”

“Yes, it does Dad. The more I read about Lucas and Mark the more fascinated I am by the two of them.”

I couldn’t believe it we were heading into North Fork and staying at the Hotel!!!

To be continued....
Western Gal

:cowgirl2:

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Surprise article!! North Fork Bound!

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 9:57 pm

Michelle P.:11652 wrote:Oh yeah, Matthew!!!!  I can't wait to read more!!!
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 9:58 pm

BluewindFarm:11655 wrote:Argh!  I have to wait until the weekend for Part 2.  

Matthew, you're almost as bad as Michelle!

And we love you just as much!

Can't wait for the next part of this vacation story.
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Matthew:11657 wrote:I'm glad you both like it so far!  :cool:
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 10:06 pm

cowgirl:11711 wrote:This is great!  This sounds like a trip most of us would love to take.  How cleaver of you!

Well.....  I'm waiting for part 2   :)
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Stargazer:11728 wrote:Matthew...this is really great.  You put a smile on my face.  Can't wait to read the rest.
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sat May 27, 2017 10:08 pm

Matthew:11734 wrote:Thank You everyone! :cool:
Western Gal

Return to “'Matthew's Post'”