Snip-it Old Man Schmidt

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Snip-it Old Man Schmidt

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:10 am

Matthew:15659 wrote:It was a bright and early morning for me and Pa. We had lots to do in North Fork. When we arrived in town we noticed everyone gathering in front of the Church. As Pa and I were getting off the wagon Micah walked up to us rubbing his head. Pa asked, "What's all the fuss about Micah?"

"Well Lucas... remember old man Schmidt, he would sit in front of the general store from sun up to sun down?"

I jumped in and said " I remember him Micah, he never hurt a soul.. he would sit and watch the town folks go about their day...everyday. Not to many folks would pay any mind to him."

"That's right Mark... he didn't have a family so he spent his days enjoying North Fork. He was found slumped over dead this morning when Milly was opening the store, seems he was there from the night before. Doc says he went to sleep and never woke up."

"That's to bad, Micah. We better make sure he has the proper burial." Pa said.

" That's what I'm about to do Lucas, I'll stop by the Ranch later and let you know when that will be." Micah stated

" Well Mark let's head over and talk with Milly."

"Ya know pa, what I'm the most sad about... old man Schmidt sat in that chair day after day for years and nobody paid any mind to him until now, why is that Pa?"  

"Well son, some folks take life and people for granted. That's why I make sure to tell you I love you everyday."

"It doesn't take much to show someone you care, does it pa?"

"No, son it sure doesn't."
Western Gal

:cowgirl2:

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Snip-it Old Man Schmidt

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:11 am

Stargazer:15668 wrote:A lesson in every snip-it!  

Way to go, Matthew!  I look forward to the next one.
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Snip-it Old Man Schmidt

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:12 am

Michelle P.:15672 wrote:So true...so true...I can't name how many times I've done that - never really thought about a person's life until it was gone...then there's so many regrets.

Good lesson for someone so young, Matthew!
Western Gal

Return to “'Matthew's Post'”