Rifleman Future 1/31/10

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Rifleman Future 1/31/10

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:18 am

Matthew:15089 wrote:Okay....lets just say you were about to write the next few seasons of The Rifleman. What would you make sure would happen in its future episodes?

Here are a few questions you can go off of....

1. Lucas... dating/marriage

2. The Ranch.... Mark stays home or goes off to school

3. Mark dates.....

4. North Fork stays small or goes big

5.Micah stays Marshal yes or no

6. Micah marries or stays single

Please add anything you want. You may add your answers by replying to this post.

Thanks..... :cool:
Western Gal

:cowgirl2:

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Rifleman Future 1/31/10

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:20 am

Matthew:15090 wrote:As far as me....

I would have kept Lucas single as far as not married but had lady friends. Pretty much how they had it on the show that I wouldn't change.

Mark I think would have stayed with his Pa at the Ranch maybe starting a career in North Fork besides the Ranch. I could of seen him building another home out by his Pa's on the same Ranch when he was ready to settle down.

Micah I think would have stayed Marshal until to old and then maybe Mark take over for him.

I think North Fork would get a little bigger but not much. :cool:
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:21 am

BluewindFarm:15092 wrote:Hey Matthew, I think I'm currently answering all your questions in my stories/saga!
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:22 am

Matthew:15093 wrote:Cool!!!! :cool:
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:23 am

Stargazer:15117 wrote:Matthew...see Deanne's saga.  

Since I've been reading her stories, I can't see it happening any other way!  I always thought Mark would stay on the ranch and I hoped he would take over for Micah someday.
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:23 am

PJH:15122 wrote:Great questions, Matthew.

I'm with you---I don't think Lucas remarries.

Mark stays on the ranch, but carves out his own identity by raising and training horses on the ranch, and leaves the cattle to Lucas.  He becomes well-known in New Mexico as an expert--"a horse whisperer"

Mark also develops another passion--writing (remember how he loved Mark Twain).  He writes about the experiences he and his father had in the Nations, and New Mexico and the changing west as the 20th century approaches.  At some point he marries and raises a family.

Micah remains as the sherriff until he retires or passes away, but never marries.
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:25 am

cowgirl:19500 wrote:As far as the TV show goes, I do not think Lucas should re-marry!

But I certainly am enjoying the stories here on the ranch to just what could have been!

Thanks everyone for those great stories!

I am looking forward to your next story!  Do I have to wait real long?  
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:26 am

rooster davis:20790 wrote:
Matthew wrote:Okay....lets just say you were about to write the next few seasons of The Rifleman. What would you make sure would happen in its future episodes?
Here are a few questions you can go off of....
1. Lucas... dating/marriage
2. The Ranch.... Mark stays home or goes off to school
3. Mark dates.....
4. North Fork stays small or goes big
5.Micah stays Marshal yes or no
6. Micah marries or stays single
Please add anything you want. You may add your answers by replying to this post.
Thanks..... :cool:
Matthew, I'm sure late getting in on this one but better late than never. Here's how I would respond to your points:
1. Lucas would definitely have to get married. I pick Lou. She had a lot of 'guts' for a woman. I know Milly is some sort of favorite but I would want Lucas to have someone with more backbone.
2. Mark would stay in North Fork and get married. I think he wanted to be a writer  he could do that without going away to school. The show would not be the same without him. There is nothing he'd have to go away to school for that I would support because Mark coming home with a college diploma to be some doctor or lawyer would result in him not really being Mark anymore.
3. Mark dates of course, leading to marriage in #2.
4. North Fork has to stay small but maybe they could see a little more political stuff, like a group trying to take over the town and run things their way.
5 & 6. I see Micah getting married and retiring, but staying in the picture as someone whose experience and wisdom is called on in some episodes to help deal with a situation.

It is most important to me, to see the characters remain true to form. I would want the show to stay a Western, not a soap opera. I don't want to see Lucas made more 'sensitive' nor Mark to go away to school. While time goes on and there must be changes (i.e. Micah retires, Mark marries) too many TV shows drift far from where they started until they are nothing like their original format, and that would be bad.

Just between us (not really possible here!) I think some of the ladies are too eager to see Lucas with a little baby daughter or they are overprotective of Mark. Westerns have to be written by men, from the male perspective, and that means men being men, not women in pants.
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:27 am

Michelle P.:20792 wrote:Lucas marries Milly (as Deanne and I have both addressed in stories) and they have more children.

Micah marries (Deanne and I both had Micah marry Hattie.  I think they would have made an excellent couple)

Mark gets married and becomes a rancher.  He builds his house on a piece of land his Pa sales him.  

North Fork remains fairly small.  Maybe it'll grow some and need a full-time deputy.

Lou and Johnny Drako marry (as Deanne, me, and Donna have all eluded to in our stories)
Western Gal

Return to “'Matthew's Post'”