More stress or not....

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

More stress or not....

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:31 am

Matthew:20621 wrote:Reading over the posts at the McCain Ranch and enjoying all of them. Some raised a few questions that I thought would be great to add to the post. Here is one....

Lucas and Mark dealt with a lot living in the outskirts of Northfork. Pretty much anything you could think of. Even when they went into the small town of northfork didn't seem like things got much easier. (robbery,kidnaps,illness etc)

I'm wonder how things would be different if they lived in a big city. The worries/stress they might have. More...less...

They certainly wouldn't have the small town friendships/almost family, to have help them deal with their situations. Or could their situations been caused because they were out in the middle of nowhere. Easier for those situations to occur....

Let me know what you guys think, I'm very curious......
Western Gal

:cowgirl2:

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: More stress or not....

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:32 am

rooster davis:20789 wrote:Hey Matthew, so many nooks and crannies here I didn't even catch your posting.

How do you see them living in a big city? Lucas doing what? Living in what kind of place? You have a great imagination and if you'd fill in a couple blanks I might have an idea where to go with this. Now if they were to move to a big city, after living in North Fork, I think their past of living in a small town area would work against them unless they took things very cautiously.

Anyhow - if you could answer those few questions I asked, maybe I could envision their 'city life' a bit better.
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:33 am

Matthew:20791 wrote:Lucas and Mark dealt with a lot.... Kidnapping, robbery, illness, drunks, etc.. Since they dealt with so much already and they lived on the outskirts of a small town. How would it be for them if they lived in a city. Would it be the same just on a bigger scale...
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:33 am

rooster davis:20795 wrote:
Matthew wrote:Lucas and Mark dealt with a lot.... Kidnapping, robbery, illness, drunks, etc.. Since they dealt with so much already and they lived on the outskirts of a small town. How would it be for them if they lived in a city. Would it be the same just on a bigger scale...
That is a tough question. City people are different than country people, and I bet back then were even moreso. I'm not sure how they'd interact. I think that some city people though might really take to Lucas and Mark and find their direct honesty refreshing, while others would look down on them as rubes. That could make for some interesting situations as people dealt with them from different perspectives and prejudices.
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:34 am

Soquilii:20800 wrote:
rooster davis wrote:Hey Matthew, so many nooks and crannies here I didn't even catch your posting.
Suggestion for rooster davis:  After you log in and come to the message board, look on the right hand side for "Vew Posts Since Last Visit' - this will help zero in on any posts you might miss.  I check this daily.   :grin:
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:35 am

rooster davis:20920 wrote:Good idea - thanks!
Western Gal

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:36 am

Cowgirlatheart:20929 wrote:If Lucas and Mark lived in, say Denver (has to be bigger than North Fork), I wonder if the stress would increase as Mark became "citified" and was perhaps influenced by a different kind of peer group?  I think that's a problem that has always existed, especially today!
Western Gal

Return to “'Matthew's Post'”