Videos Deleted

Sweeney would like to welcome you to his place. Bar room chatter goes here, but only virtual drinks.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Videos Deleted

Post by cowgirl » Tue May 30, 2017 10:45 am

Michelle P.:41741 wrote:I just wanted to let everyone know that I deleted most of my Rifleman Videos tonight.  I got several "copyright infringement" emails today and decided that I would play it safe and delete everything.  I did keep up Marks Letter videos in hope that Gardner & Levy will see it as a promotion to the DVDs that are supposed to be released this year.

My non-Rifleman videos are still up, however (The Monroes, Black Saddle, and others).  I suspect these are all out of copyright and won't be renewed...If I learn otherwise, I'll be deleting these as well...
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Videos Deleted

Post by cowgirl » Tue May 30, 2017 10:46 am

Judy:41747 wrote:I am so sorry to hear this, Michelle.  :sad:

In my opinion, YouTube is a love-hate web site.
:grin: ~  :evil:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Tue May 30, 2017 10:47 am

ruskin:41750 wrote:
In my opinion, YouTube is a love-hate web site.
I agree...

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Michelle P.:41752 wrote:Well, the owners do own the stuff and can basically do whatever they want with it.  I didn't upload any full episodes, just parts.  But even this was too much for it.  So I deleted my music videos and everything.  They have the power to shut my You tube account completely down, and I'd rather comply with their rules then try to fight explaining why I did what I did.  Personally, I think the videos promote people buying the DVDs when they finally come out...

I've watched lots of things on Youtube and then turned around and bought the DVDs.  Without You Tube's showing of it, I would have never started buying Rawhide, Gunsmoke, or The Big Valley...those are only three things that others posted on You Tube and led to my purchasing of the products...

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Duchess McCain:41758 wrote:It's true.  Youtube gives me access to things that I otherwise couldn't watch.  Recently they have been cracking down on the western side of things.  They deleted most of the Rawhide episodes, and just a week or so ago they got rid of all of the Bonanza episodes.  

I agree with Michelle, kind of on both points.  I wish that I could still watch them, but I understand they are still under copyright.  However, I would have never seen any of the tv shows I watch if it hadn't been for youtube.  And like Michelle, I have started buying them on dvd.  

Maybe the old westerns should make a deal with youtube, and let a dozen or so of their episodes up.  That way people could get a feel for the show, and if they really liked it then they would go buy the dvds.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Tue May 30, 2017 10:48 am

Michelle P.:41778 wrote:Only a month ago?  Wow!  I remember when they first started releasing Bonanza on DVD (a couple years ago?) one of the main Bonanza uploaders announced that she was asked to take her videos down since it would hurt the sells of the DVDs.  She was glad to do it since people would now have the opportunity to buy the DVDs (and I have up through Season 5 now!)  But I guarantee you that her account would have been blocked if she hadn't done as asked...

I still have all my other shows up (assuming they aren't under copyright anymore).  Cowboy in Africa, Law of the Plainsman, Black Saddle, Shane, The Monroes...

I'm discovering new shows ever day!  Recently, I've been watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents.  They seem to have almost every episode on there for the time being...Perhaps they haven't been discovered yet...

Another thing:  I was watching the I Dream of Jeannie episodes a few years ago and noticed that parts 2 & 3 would be on there, but not part 1.  I'm thinking this was a publisher ploy where they allowed the uploads of those to stay, but asked Youtube to block Part 1...Another set of DVDs I long to purchase some day!

Return to “The North Fork Saloon”