Bobby Crawford on Laramie

Sweeney would like to welcome you to his place. Bar room chatter goes here, but only virtual drinks.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Bobby Crawford on Laramie

Post by cowgirl » Tue May 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Troop:54365 wrote:Laramie was one of my favorite westerns, but more so because of Robert Fuller character, and John Smith. But something I noticed and remembered when watching it back in my youth, then watching the series today. Is it just me maybe, but felt Bobby Crawford role especially the delivery of his dialog, stilted? Every scene with him in it, he just didn't look at ease? Almost like an actor doing his first role and dialog, as if he was reading cue cards and overwhelmed with his character.
Especially after being involved with movies and TV, in front and back of, I find it more noticeable. Am I alone on this?
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bobby Crawford on Laramie

Post by cowgirl » Tue May 30, 2017 12:03 pm

cowgirl:54528 wrote:I have noticed this but thought maybe it was just me. I couldn't help but noticed the difference between how comfortable Johnny was as Mark and like you said about how Bobby not feeling quite at ease. Maybe that would have come in time.

In The Rifleman you can see more and more how comfortable Chuck and Johnny were in their role, although Johnny always delivered his lines really well.

I met Bobby a few years back, he made my day! In fact the first day of the festival Bobby wasn't there. We were touring the west and had planned one day at the festival. I made a special trip back the next day just to talk to him. He was super! He took plenty of time to talk to me and to take a picture.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bobby Crawford on Laramie

Post by cowgirl » Tue May 30, 2017 12:03 pm

Troop:54532 wrote:Thanks for replying. I thought it was just me that saw this.

Return to “The North Fork Saloon”