Lucas sooooo rude.....

Sweeney would like to welcome you to his place. Bar room chatter goes here, but only virtual drinks.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Re: Lucas sooooo rude.....

Post by cowgirl » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:01 pm

wildwest wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:32 pm
What was the episode where Lucas rides into town and Micah says "Morning Lucas" and Lucas does not even acknowledge him?" I forget the episode
I'm think it was First Wages

Lucas was on a mission when he passed Micah. He wanted to see what was going on with Mark. :angrycowboy:
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Oldtimer
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Oldtimer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:47 pm

In most if not all of the season five episodes. I think his character changed that entire season and not in a good way. More so than Mark who I think was just the victim of the writers treating him like he was still a little kid.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:05 am

Oldtimer wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:47 pm
In most if not all of the season five episodes. I think his character changed that entire season and not in a good way. More so than Mark who I think was just the victim of the writers treating him like he was still a little kid.
I still think the writers and powers that be were trying to show Mark as severely traumatized and on the verge of a breakdown.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:59 am

Ok Dana, you talked me into it! Here it is.....

Lucas' tone and that look! gotta love it!

I especially like the scene in Hostages to Fortune when Lucas walks into Bullock's house.....

Lucas walked right up to Mark and pointed right at him. “You!” He said. “Wait outside for me, Mark."

Mark knew he meant business – he didn’t bother talking back but hurried right pass Lucas. Percy followed, knowing that he should be here either.

Taken from..... some of my favorite scenes.....
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:19 pm

I don't know if this would be rude by 19th century standards-after all most people did not have phones to set up business appointments -but it seemed pretty audacious for Lucas to accost Jacob black on the street about selling the property, then get bent out of shape when Jacob would not budge on the price.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Well, per Dana......I must add to the 'so rude.'

In Eddies Daughter when Lil got off the stage, neither Lucas or Eddie or anyone helped her off the stage....they just gawked at her..... SO RUDE
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:44 am

Maybe he wasn't exactly rude, but Lucas was very condescending and patronizing to Adele Adams when she spoke about women voting in the woman.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:34 am

Lucas was absolutely right and he and Millie had not known each other very long, but he was very brusque, almost giving her the brush off in dead cold cash, when he told her Mark was his responsibility.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:00 am

wildwest wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:32 pm
What was the episode where Lucas rides into town and Micah says "Morning Lucas" and Lucas does not even acknowledge him?" I forget the episode
Lucas also did not acknowledge micah's "good morning" in one went to Denver. however, he was not being rude, but rather preoccupied with thoughts of tom birch.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:21 pm

The young Englishman: surprisingly, Lucas did not reprimand Mark for touching Jeremy Ashford's belongings and say something like: "Mark, you know better than that!"

Return to “The North Fork Saloon”