The age of reboots continues.

Sweeney would like to welcome you to his place. Bar room chatter goes here, but only virtual drinks.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

The age of reboots continues.

Post by cowgirl » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:59 am

CBS has ordered pilots for reboots of “Magnum P.I.” and “Cagney & Lacey.”

Two of the oldies that are being revived are Roseanne and Murphy Brown with Candice Bergen.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: The age of reboots continues.

Post by Deneen » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:00 am

More than a few of the new shows are failing. I guess Hollywood wants to go back to what worked in the past.

I like the new "Will And Grace". I'll probably watch a few episodes of the new "Roseanne" and "Murphy Brown". I only want to see the original cast in a reboot.

I saw a pilot episode of "All In The Family". It was terrible!

I will never watch a reboot of The Rifleman - NEVER!
There is no replacement for Lucas - Mark and Micah.

~Deneen~

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:49 pm

Deneen I agree with you about a Rifleman reboot. It would be a disaster and really a crime it was in the works many years ago but they did not go thru with it. Good thing! even if they tried to go forward with the story with Mark being an adult.......NO NEVER Lucas and Mark were classic, one of a kind

I saw that Virginian movie again this weekend. The one where The VIrginian hung his friends Steve and shot and killed Trampas. James Drury and Dennis Weaver had small parts in it. but the movie totally destroyed the legacy of any Virginian fans. why would they do that??
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:10 pm

wildwest wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:49 pm
but the movie totally destroyed the legacy of any Virginian fans. why would they do that??
I'm sure you weren't the only fan of "The Virginian" that was disappointed. There's just certain shows/movies that shouldn't be tampered with.

I Luv Chuck Connors - but I don't like seeing him play a bad guy. "Deadly Image" is one of my least favorite episodes. Hmmm - I wonder why Johnny didn't get to play duel roles? Paul was great in "Guilty Conscience". :)

I think Johnny and Chuck would have been great in another Rifleman series after Mark grew up. Look how great they were on "Branded". :yes:

~Deneen~

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:26 pm

I agree Chuck and Johnny would have been great in a continuation of Rifleman with them as older characters. but to change actors....no way. I wish the show had done a 'reflect back' episode showing Lucas and Margaret with a younger Mark

I wonder if Johnny wanted to act more after Rifleman than he did. it seems like the roles did not come his way. He did Hawaii 5-O, Big Valley, Little House, Branded, El Dorado The role he had on Rawhide was awful. he wore tattered clothes and was barefoot. maybe Hollywood did not know what to do with yet. he was not the cute little boy and maybe they could not see him in adult roles yet. I wish he had gotten the chance to do another series.

whereas Chuck worked his entire life right up to the end. did you see Chuck in Kill them all and come back Alive or The Proud and the Damned? both are on youtube
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:40 pm

I've got those two movies book-marked. I've seen bits and pieces.

I just have to find the time to watch the entire movies. :neutralcowboy:

~Deneen~

Return to “The North Fork Saloon”