Best Hattie Denton episode.....

Voice your opinion, make your vote count!

Remember what happened to Micah in The Day A Town Slept?

What is your best Hattie Denton episode?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:28 pm

The Second Witness
No votes
The Raid
33%
The Vision
67%

Total votes: 3

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Best Hattie Denton episode.....

Post by cowgirl » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Hattie Denton is a great addition to The Rifleman, which episode is you favorite Hattie Denton episode?
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Best Hattie Denton episode.....

Post by Deneen » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:10 pm

"The Raid" ~ Hattie left her store to take care of Lucas.

But I'm gonna choose "The Vision" because she was there for Mark and Lucas.

“Next time they ask you, tell them you’re a nurse!” he declared. Hattie cried tears of joy as she walked to the door and waved her thanks to the doctor.
Hattie was more than a nurse to Lucas and Mark. :)

I still wonder why Micah never went into the bed room to see Mark. :thinking:

~Deneen~

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:26 am

I agree with you Deneen. :oops: I meant to choose The Vision and chose The Raid. :rant:
Deneen: I still wonder why Micah never went into the bed room to see Mark. :thinking:

That's probably one od those scenes that was let on the cutting room floor. :sillycowboy:
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:51 pm

The Vision. They were all great. Hattie cried in the Vision when she knew Mark was going to be OK. she was like his Grandmother

In The Raid Hattie did not want Lucas to go but she knew he had to....

Hattie brought my hat and canteen to me as I was fixing to leave. “Thanks for leaving the store and tending to me, Hattie. ” I said, trying to stay strong for her.

Hattie had tears in her eyes. Worry was etched all over her face. "I won't say for you not to go Lucas. I love that boy too much." I started to mount up, but Hattie stopped me. She was like a mother to me, and she could read me so well. . "Lucas,” “The thing is to stay alive. Ride easy."

The Second Witness Hattie was very concerned....

I decided to go talk to Hattie about taking care of Mark. The minute I walked in, she started in on me! “Well, if it isn’t the town hero, Lucas McCain!” I just stopped by to see if she’d take care of Mark, not for a lecture! “You make me sick!”

“All day long I see people here in this store, but that don’t mean anything. Come night time I go home, what do I got? Nothing but a cat named Penelope . There’s lots of other folks in this town that are just as lonely as I am. Yet, you don’t find them riding off risking their necks.

And then there’s you! You got a fine son. And yet you just can’t wait to let somebody use you for target
practice!” I was as good as buried already! I’d give anything to have that boy of yours for good, but I know how much parents mean to a kid. I should. I never had any.”

“I’m a woman, Lucas. Don’t you talk to me about principles! Principles never tucked a boy in at night, or principles never washed behind his ears when he needed it.”

(Hattie used the 'I'm a woman" line in The Vision as well)

Eight hours to Die

I asked Hattie to add a bag of flour and a bag of beans to the order. That’s when she started her motherly lecturing I’ve grown to love so much!

“Beans and flour…meat and potatoes…Is that all you and that boy of yours is gonna eat?”
I couldn’t help but grin. “It’s good solid food,” I argued.
“Where’s the greens?” Hattie asked me

“String beans, collards, turnip and beet greens. Now don’t you be telling me that your ma didn’t feed them to ya' when you was a sprout.”

I rolled my eyes. “She sure did!” It made me sick just thinking about it. “And I sure hated them!” I declared.
“Of course you hated them! But you ate them. Else you wouldn’t have grown up the big lump that you are!”
I couldn’t argue with here there! She did have a point, after all. “Put them in the sack, Hattie. I’ll take ‘em.

I love the way the writers showcased the other characters as well. and they probably did not even think about it. The North Fork people were a family! Hope Summers had a long history of work but I think Hattie was her best character

or gosh.....am I just prejudiced?? Ya think???
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Yes WildWest - I also think Hattie Denton was Hope's best character.

Hattie talked to Lucas like a mother would talk to her son. Lucas loved and trusted Hattie like he did with Micah.

Hattie and Micah were wonderful role models for Mark. :)

~Deneen~

Return to “North Fork Ballot Box”