Billy Hughes Jr.

Voice your opinion, make your vote count!

Remember what happened to Micah in The Day A Town Slept?

Billy Hughes Jr.

Poll ended at Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:59 am

Long Gun from Tucson
67%
Day of Reckoning
No votes
The Sidewinder
33%

Total votes: 3

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Billy Hughes Jr.

Post by cowgirl » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:59 am

Billy E. Hughes Jr. appeared in three episode of The Rifleman ― Long Gun from Tucson as Jeffrey Waller, he was the son of the gunsmith and the boy that he and Mark sat on together in his bedroom crying ― Day of Reckoning as Aaron, Jamison's son Billy ― The Sidewinder as Gridley Maule, the boy who came to North Fork to seek revenge on Lucas.

Which one of these episode stands out among the others?
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Billy Hughes Jr.

Post by wildwest » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:57 pm

For me I would have to say....Long Gun From Tucson. Billy and Johnny did such a great acting job sitting together and crying. Billy had snot running out of his nose. How those two did that scene amazes me.

“Well you know…we can hear the gunshots from here though.” "Mark, it ain't like my Pa is afraid. Well, he handles a gun real good! So it ain't like he's afraid!"

"I didn't say anything like that. I didn't say nothing like that Jeffrey," cried Mark.
The tears streaming down both of these boys’ faces. "It's just, well he's so sick…I mean, if my Pa was better he would help your Pa tomorrow, and not leave him out there alone!"

Thinking on this made Mark begin crying harder. He couldn’t stand it – "I'm sorry Mark! I'm real sorry!" Mark looked up at him and put a hand on his shoulders. He tired to speak, but no words would come. The two boys just looked into each other’s eyes, then they hugged and cried.

I would like to see Billy in work other than Rifleman so I may google that. Loved the scene in Sidewinder where Lou slapped the tar outta Grid. I tried to count how many times but she slapped so fast I lost track. Her 'dearly departed Father' would have been proud of her.

Billy was the son of a stuntman and his Uncle was a stuntman on Rifleman. Talent certainly ran in the family.

:gunfightercowboy: :horse12:
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:10 pm

Yep - Billy did a really great job on all three episodes.

But we were all impressed with his role with Johnny on "Long Gun From Tucson". :clap:

~Deneen~

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:48 am

I liked his character better in The Sidewinder, but his part and how well he played it in Long Gun was outstanding! It was like two Mark McCain's and two great actors!
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Return to “North Fork Ballot Box”