Hello!!

Everyone here at the ranch would like to welcome y'all to The McCain Ranch. This is our "Welcome Center". Be sure & stop by and say "Hi" to everyone. Those of you who are already a member, be sure and give them a big hearty welcoming!
Oldtimer
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Hello!!

Post by Oldtimer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:04 pm

I just signed up yesterday and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a soon-to-be 65 year old female Rifleman fan from the great Pacific Northwest. I know I watched the show during the original run but "I was just a kid then" (as Mark would say) and I don't remember specific episodes at all. My family watched all the Westerns back then. My parents were big fans of the Westerns and since we only had one B&W TV my siblings and I watched what they watched. We became big fans too. My parents and both siblings passed away several years ago and watching old Westerns brings back good memories of my growing up years.

I rediscovered the Rifleman on Amazon prime and I have been enjoying binge watching all the episodes. I have to admit that I didn't even recall that the show was mostly about the father-son relationship between Lucas and Mark McCain and not just the cowboys and bad guys. Of course, it does have a lot of that too.

I have been enjoying lurking this site very much and signed up to take advantage of options not available to unregistered visitors such as search etc. I administer a Dancing With the Stars fan forum so I'm familiar with the added advantages of registration on a site.

Thank you for letting me join!

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Hello!!

Post by wildwest » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:51 pm

Howdy Oldtimer....welcome....welcome. I am sure you will enjoy this site. Everyone is very nice and we exchange ideas about the episodes and how much we LOVE Lucas and Mark. Sigh! I watch it a lot on MeTV and youtube. I am a card carrying Rifleman Addict and proud of it.

I have learned SO much since I have been on the site. What is the site name that you administer??

So.... just saddle up Blue Boy and get ready to ride to North Fork RopingCowboy: :horse04:

"I wasn't really lookin' back....just remembering back" (Mark Sharpshooter)
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Howdy Oldtimer!
: Oldtimer
My family watched all the Westerns back then. My parents were big fans of the Westerns and since we only had one B&W TV my siblings and I watched what they watched. We became big fans too.
Like you I also grew up with the westerns. What my family watched, I watched.

There were so many great westerns on TV at that time, but The Rifleman has always been close to the heart.

I enjoyed it as a kid, but love it as an adult. You look at things differently and with more meaning.

We here at the ranch are glad you stopped by and decided to stay.

Catch ya' later!
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:10 am

Well Hello There Oldtimer - It's very nice to "meet" you! :happycowboy:

There's so much to enjoy and learn about The Rifleman on this site.

I know you'll like posting here. :)

~Deneen~

Oldtimer
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Oldtimer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
wildwest wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:51 pm
I have learned SO much since I have been on the site. What is the site name that you administer??
It is called DWTS Fans Forum (dwtsfans.com). We've been around since Season 10 of the show. The site isn't as active as it has been in the past. I myself haven't even been following the show like I used to but I do maintain the site with the current season contestants and I pay for the domain name every year for the members who do still post over there.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm

I use to watch DWTS every week. After a few years I just stopped watching it. I do love to watch people dance, it looks like a lot of fun and great entertainment.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Return to “The Hotel Madera”