Moving house

Everyone here at the ranch would like to welcome y'all to The McCain Ranch. This is our "Welcome Center". Be sure & stop by and say "Hi" to everyone. Those of you who are already a member, be sure and give them a big hearty welcoming!
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Moving house

Post by wildwest » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:28 pm

Judy, I am glad you are moved. now you can slow down a bit and do the rest at your leisure. I don't drink either so I'll meet you at Sweeneys for some sasaparilla. :partytime2: :cheerswine:
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Maybe Miss Bertie will be there too lol
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Well the unpacking goes on lol... just when you think you have purged enough stuff, you find out it was not enough after you get moved lol!

Still can't find some things but slowly getting there. Hope to have my sewing room back in order next week.

Unfortunately amongst it all my elderly dad passed away Nov 14th. It was expected as he had been declining for some time but we were hoping he would at least make it to Christmas. Guess that wasn't in the cards. So now I must put in my executor hat and take care of things for him.

I miss the ranch and all of you... I hope to be back soon.

Judy
Judy (Ruskin)

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:47 pm

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Father. we are never ready for that. sending prayers and good wishes to your family,
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Judy ~ I'm sorry to hear about the lost of your Father. :angel5:

I moved last Monday and I'm still totally exhausted! :seeingstars:

ThanksGiving Dinner will be at my sister-in-law's house - so that's one less thing I have to worry about. :)

Take Care!!

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:12 pm

Judy, please accept my condolences for the death of your father. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks everybody, Deneen I hear you on the exhausted part... I've caught a cold now so that is not helping lol.

Hope all my American friends have a happy and safe Thanksgiving Day!
Judy (Ruskin)

Western Gal
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Western Gal » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:18 am

Judy, I haven't been around the ranch in quite a while and am so sorry to hear about your Dad. After taking care of my Mom in her last years, and expecting her to go at any time (she passed away at age 100), I thought I'd be somewhat prepared. That wasn't the case. I doubt anyone is ever prepared to lose a parent.

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. And please take care of yourself. From reading the previous posts, it sounds as though you are dealing with some major life changing events all at the same time and this can easily take a toll on you without your realizing just how much that is.

Wishing you the best as you move forward.
Western Gal

:cowgirl2:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:21 am

Judy I am so sorry to hear about you father. You & yours are in my prayers.

Please take care. Hope to chat with ya' soon!
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks all, I'm slowly getting organized again.... doing the executrix thing now (found out that was female for executor).
Got a few appointments next week then on to Christmas. It will just be the two of us this year, unless Dan's daughter came come by. I'm going to cook a small turkey and have a ham in our apartment size freezer for January when the kids are hopefully coming to visit. We haven't seen the newest grandson since he was a month old. There is a new granddaughter coming in February from Dan's son which will make for grand child number 7! Plus one great grand daughter...holy cow!

Finally got to do some sewing in my new sewing room. It's not quite laid out the way I need it but it works for the most part. I will tweak it later. I started making some cushions for my dining chairs. I missed sewing so much!
Judy (Ruskin)

Return to “The Hotel Madera”